What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Guy I went to Uni with flies wingsuits. Absolute lunatic. Did a postdoc in Switzerland so he could hoy himself off big things as he'd just got into BASE jumping when he left Sydney then graduated into wingsuits.
Tight Terrain Flying With Trent | TEEM (jointheteem.com)
yeah we spent a year fantasizing about what it was going to be like, while we worked on our fitness, saved money for the license training, we scouted holiday property near drop zones. It was a really exciting time in our lives. It was a real shame when the fantasy didnt stack up. The level of anxiety and all the associated activity leading to that goal of flying wingsuits was just not worth it.

Looking back at it, there were probably things we could have done that lead to different outcomes. Like you know, doing at least a tandem jump before investing our energy in this. But no, we jumped in head first never having jumped, expecting to be able to translate the adrenaline from other "extreme" sports we did to just being able to willingly throw ourselves out of planes etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Talentspotter was out on Stromlo yesterday taking some cool pics and adding to his flickr account talented people launching off the cool jumps. And also photographing me looking decidedly untalented not hitting the jump at all...
Gumby confirmed.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
#yeetlife

I reckon it is one of the ultimate adrenaline sports. There is not much else that even comes close.
yeah as far as "adrenaline" goes for sure. I think there are other extreme sports that are in the same categorty too, but perhaps less adrenaline feuled- deep free diving or even cave scuba diving comes to mind.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
yeah as far as "adrenaline" goes for sure. I think there are other extreme sports that are in the same categorty too, but perhaps less adrenaline feuled- deep free diving or even cave scuba diving comes to mind.
Yeah diving some of the more "accessible" shipwrecks like the Andrea Doria or the Empress of Island would be really cool. So many, many, many things could go wrong though.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah diving some of the more "accessible" shipwrecks like the Andrea Doria or the Empress of Island would be amazing. So many, many, many things could go wrong though.
yeah. I cant to underwater now either. Had a relatively unpleasant experience snorkeling and getting the bejesus scared out of me by a reef shark close encounter.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I have always found it to be the most fun and rewarding time...
i have heard this a lot. You can have mine.

I appreciate lots of factors suggest its low risk and we are not a natural food source, but the risk of becoming that guy who dies due to an attack by what is arguably the ocean's answer to a horror movie monster is not for me.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title

I appreciate lots of factors suggest its low risk and we are not a natural food source, but the risk of becoming that guy who dies due to an attack by what is arguably the ocean's answer to a horror movie monster is not for me.
One of my best experiences was learning to dive on Koh Tao in Thailand and doing a deep dive down at 30m late afternoon with Blacktip Reef Sharks and juvenile Bull Sharks. Its not for everyone, but I loved it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Sarcastic font...perhaps we need a sarcastic font. I haven't had a shark encounter for a long time, but I don't like them. I used to surf and spearfish when I was a youngster. I've never had to fight one off or been bitten but even seeing the toothy ones swimming around way off yonder is enough to bring down the mood.

I do enjoy catching (and releasing) them while land based fishing though.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Took today off as a day in lieu after a few manic weeks of late nights and weekend work. Had grand plans of a long road ride but was pretty beat when I woke up and spent the first half the day moping around the house struggling to get motivated to do anything.

Managed to drag myself out to Silvan this afternoon and the fog quickly lifted. Had a really nice ride, took things pretty easy as I was riding solo and only passed one other person but was great to get back there. Did come across a group of 3 walking their dogs up Bottlecaps which was a bit of a o_O moment.