What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Wasn’t happy with the light setup I had, so spent the day fabricating a light tower to direct mount off the stem. Have thought of a fair few improvements I could make for Mk2, so will leave this looking really rough and see how it goes.

Doesn’t really show up well in these photos, but the hoses are routed and clamped in behind, which tidies things up a bit.

Contemplated building in a mount for the batteries, but they’re probably better off in the top tube bag. Might look at other options for mounting batteries down the track.

moorey

call me Mia
Wasn’t happy with the light setup I had, so spent the day fabricating a light tower to direct mount off the stem. Have thought of a fair few improvements I could make for Mk2, so will leave this looking really rough and see how it goes.

Doesn’t really show up well in these photos, but the hoses are routed and clamped in behind, which tidies things up a bit.

View attachment 383173

View attachment 383174

Contemplated building in a mount for the batteries, but they’re probably better off in the top tube bag. Might look at other options for mounting batteries down the track.
Why not just use the standard rubber bar mounts?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

View attachment 383173

View attachment 383174

Do you run a helmet light as well? I get wanting to have both flood and spot beams (a majority of my riding is night as well) but that seems like an insane amount of lumens.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Do you run a helmet light as well? I get wanting to have both flood and spot beams (a majority of my riding is night as well) but that seems like an insane amount of lumens.
Yeah, have a Gloworm on the lid too. I had the Duo sitting there and figured more light was better and I might as well use it.

To be honest, other bikes in might group with the high end 3,000+ lumen lights are still outgunning me by a fair margin.

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 383173

View attachment 383174

If you haven't done it already, file the corners off on the top, would hate to see you post a pic from the hospital bed after you went over the bars. :)

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yeah, have a Gloworm on the lid too. I had the Duo sitting there and figured more light was better and I might as well use it.

To be honest, other bikes in might group with the high end 3,000+ lumen lights are still outgunning me by a fair margin.
Wow, your night group must be like a mini-supernova on the trails. I upgraded to Gloworm Alpha and X2 about a year back and had to re-program them to the lower levels as they were too bright but even then typically run them at the special dim level.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Wow, your night group must be like a mini-supernova on the trails. I upgraded to Gloworm Alpha and X2 about a year back and had to re-program them to the lower levels as they were too bright but even then typically run them at the special dim level.
May be old age but I still felt underdone with Duo on the bars and X2 on the head. Pretty happy now, running Duo at full for most of the ride and X2’s at low uphill and full everywhere else.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
May be old age but I still felt underdone with Duo on the bars and X2 on the head. Pretty happy now, running Duo at full for most of the ride and X2’s at low uphill and full everywhere else.
Could be, I was more going to suggest that if you didn't have something on the lid already then I'd be advising to try a spot beam up there before adding more to the bars however if you've got a setup that works for you then that's great.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today, my wife dropped me at the top of One Tree Hill, and I had 50 minutes of descent... fun fun fun.

But yesterday, we caught the ferry out to French Island, where we had our very first off road mountain bike adventure together back in Dec 2003... almost 18 years ago. We rode the west side northward and up to the Pinnacles, which we didn't do last time. It was ace. Over three hours on the bikes, but at a pretty cruisy pace. We carried water, salad rolls and some snacks, and the very necessary bug repellant. Saw some amazing swampy wetland coastline... and the biggest swan colony I've ever seen.

But the place is totally Mad Max... I've attached a photo of what I initially thought was a dodgy car, but compared to some of them it was a snazzy limo. Only half the cars were registered and most had more rust than metal. A Suby passed us, and I reckon it was running on two cylinders. Apparently they have a feral cat issue, traps everywhere, but I suspect the locals are reasonably feral too.

Anyway, awesome fun and the beer on the ferry heading back to back the mainland, was divine.

Dec 2003...

Nov 2021

Snazzy car...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Today, my wife dropped me at the top of One Tree Hill, and I had 50 minutes of descent... fun fun fun.

But yesterday, we caught the ferry out to French Island, where we had our very first off road mountain bike adventure together back in Dec 2003... almost 18 years ago. We rode the west side northward and up to the Pinnacles, which we didn't do last time. It was ace. Over three hours on the bikes, but at a pretty cruisy pace. We carried water, salad rolls and some snacks, and the very necessary bug repellant. Saw some amazing swampy wetland coastline... and the biggest swan colony I've ever seen.

But the place is totally Mad Max... I've attached a photo of what I initially thought was a dodgy car, but compared to some of them it was a snazzy limo. Only half the cars were registered and most had more rust than metal. A Suby passed us, and I reckon it was running on two cylinders. Apparently they have a feral cat issue, traps everywhere, but I suspect the locals are reasonably feral too.

Anyway, awesome fun and the beer on the ferry heading back to back the mainland, was divine.

Dec 2003...
View attachment 383201

Nov 2021
View attachment 383202

Snazzy car...
View attachment 383203
18 years of helmet improvement!

cammas

Seamstress
I brought a cheap wee ride to use with the grandkids the other week and fitted to my old Gary Fisher parts bin/getting around town/use on the trainer bike. So today we tested it out with a trundle around town, just need to grab him his own helmet now.

But I don’t think my riding skills impressed him much. Even with harness on I had to play catch a couple of times.