What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I rode a bike yesterday which for me is pretty good. It was hotter than it has been in ages in Perth (36.6°C) but after it had cooled off a little in the afternoon rode to the Dianella BMX facility with my son and met one of his schoolmates and dad there for a session. We had the skills track and pump track to ourselves for about an hour and half before it filled up with out of control little kids on bikes and scooters.
Today I'm feeling very unfit
You need the bike equivalent of a hairy dog...throw down a big serve of water and go for a cruise on the bike!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Local councils are hilarious, the trail has been there for over 20 years, and now it has tripping hazards. Need to take my black marker next time and draw a bike riding over a cliff on there.

View attachment 383498
Be grateful they haven't just blocked it off. It's our council's favourite past time.

"Um, excuse me Mr Council Worker, there's a two inch branch across the path"

"CLOSE THE TRAIL!!!!!"

Flow-Rider

Burner
Be grateful they haven't just blocked it off. It's our council's favourite past time.

"Um, excuse me Mr Council Worker, there's a two inch branch across the path"

"CLOSE THE TRAIL!!!!!"
This particular trail was built by mountain bikers in the 90's, it was one of the best raw trails in the area and hardly anyone went near it bar mountain bikes, at the beginning of this year we noticed ribbons hanging everywhere, insinuating new trail lines.

We questioned council about it, and they tell us it's nothing, and they're going to add a walking trail beside it. A few months go past, they demolish 90% of the trail and turn the lot into a multi-use trail directed at walkers:mad:, it's got stupid logs that are placed between 60&90° every 5 to 10m on the trail to deter mountain bike use. The only reason I rode there today is that it's all sand and sandstone and every other trail network is water logged from the rain.

What's worse is that the POS council environmental officer that dealt with this trail is on a mountain bike advocacy group (not a long term MTBer herself) and just kept her mouth shut when people asked about it.

Last edited: