What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

crash3

Likes Dirt
Another round at Superbowl this morning. Found an annoying issue with the dropper post - sometimes just won't work. Have to give the cable coming out the bottom of the seat tube a tug and then the mechanism worked.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Picked up a DVO Topaz cheap off FB on a bit of a gamble during the week.
Guy said it was 210 X 55 trunnion that was fitted to a Giant Trance, as far as I knew the Trance only ran a 185MM!
The seller did say it had been modified and upgraded by NSD to now run an air can from a T2 Topaz, but never really liked how it felt and decided to sell..looks like it was converted from a standard mount 210 to suit a 185 trunnion (shorter end cap with longer main shaft)
Anyhoo, fitted up last night and it is infact a 185mm x 52 which slotted in perfectly, but upon setting the air pressure in both the air sleeve and the bladder, I realised that there was not a single PSSSi in the bladder!..no wonder it would have felt like shite
Have set up and moved a few volume spacers around, will test ride over the W/E.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I realised that there was not a single PSSSi in the bladder!..no wonder it would have felt like shite
That bladder pressure is crucial to make it feel buttery.

Its deceiving as its such a small volume of air, pumping it to 200psi then reconnecting the shock pump immediately or later and filling the hose makes it look like its only got 150psi in there.

Pump to 200psi again, disconnect hose then reconnect and it will say 150psi, if you reconnect before next ride, a week later or a month down the road and it reads any less than 150psi, your bladder is loosing pressure.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Photo is from a ride yesterday. After 5 weeks off the bikes it was great. Had my first ride on Tuesday. Took he Chameleon for a loop through the Glenorchy MBT park, up the climbing trail, then fire roads to home. Nothing too silly or stupid; couldn't resist a couple of little jumps on the drainage cuts on the road.
Yesterday, down into Lenah Valley and over to Pottery Road for a loop around with a few more bumps and berms. You really don't realize how much you miss something till you don't have it. Beautiful morning followed up by 33 mils of rain in an hour about 5 pm. My wife looked like a drowned rat when she finished her commute home.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Refitted the ZTTO cassette to the gravel monster after soaking it with Loctite 290 (wicking) and took it for a ride, was quiet for the first 20 odd km, then started making a little bit of noise.

Another day or two to cure and it might be better.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had a pedal slip with the Rideconcepts Livewires on a small gap jump today, done a one footer and came short on a log with a bit of a loud thud at the rear wheel, definitely a lot less grip with the tread when it's wet compared to the five/ten, and this was with pedals that have large pins that I don't normally use.

ens.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Had a pedal slip with the Rideconcepts Livewires on a small gap jump today, done a one footer and came short on a log with a bit of a loud thud at the rear wheel, definitely a lot less grip with the tread when it's wet compared to the five/ten, and this was with pedals that have large pins that I don't normally use.

View attachment 383644ens.
I've got RC Wildcats, have found a bit less sticky than 5TENs but with the uber long pins I'm running they have been fine, with no slippage yet

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Another quick, early lap at the Youies before a wedding this afternoon. Was noticeably quicker than the last few rides, but fitness is still poor.
Still can't land the Cresseys gap jump either...
How many times have you been married?