What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Raced the Ballarat round of the XCO state championships. Having no idea on the pace and fitness of the other 12 guys in my class, I started from the absolute back of the pack, and followed for the first lap. Was going along substantially slower than a pace I reckoned I could hold for the 5 laps, so I started picking up the pace and passing a few each lap.
Came in 5th of 12, and only a couple of minutes behind 3rd place. Can’t help thinking I lost at least a couple of minutes starting from the back and doing that sighter lap.
You live and you learn. Had fun, great track…but not about to become an XC rider any time soon.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Raced the Ballarat round of the XCO state championships. Having no idea on the pace and fitness of the other 12 guys in my class, I started from the absolute back of the pack, and followed for the first lap. Was going along substantially slower than a pace I reckoned I could hold for the 5 laps, so I started picking up the pace and passing a few each lap.
Came in 5th of 12, and only a couple of minutes behind 3rd place. Can’t help thinking I lost at least a couple of minutes starting from the back and doing that sighter lap.
You live and you learn. Had fun, great track…but not about to become an XC rider any time soon.
Rides laps, starts easy, picks off competitors, analyses race, enjoys experience, denies becoming XC racer........

moorey

call me Mia
enjoys experience,
It’s riding. That’s a given. These are my home trails at Black Hill, can’t not have fun…other than 1/2 the time I’m riding up trails I’m used to descending.
I’m told tomorrow’s track runs parts of the DH network…but has more brutal climbs. No wonder Quinn is frothing.

moorey

call me Mia
Cant get more #Xc4Lyf tha

Not to late to come and grab my XC bike. Chuck some lycra on you might even have a chance at the win haha.
Bike…or clothes weren’t, aren’t and never will be the issue. I had more fun than others on the descents. Think of it as a higher intensity day of DH ride ups.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Decided to beat the Christmas rush and get some time away… only 4 nights. Some great boogie boarding today, a nice beach ride, then chill at our camp. Cape Conran. We camped here 22 years ago when a few of our kids were little. Haven’t seen a single goanna yet, so times have changed.

mtb1611

Seymour
First mtb ride in 5 weeks (first ride in 5 weeks yesterday). Just a lap at the local with a mate, followed by solving the problems of the world over a coffee. Good way to kick off a Sunday.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
Wonder if that's the Tim Northey we used to do triathlons with up in Cairns? He was a bloody good athlete and still is by the looks!