What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Camelback sprang a leak on the back seat of the car… About 1.5 litres of water poured down past the seat belt buckles along under the back seat and down into both footwells under the carpet …

It’s going to be driving around for a few days with the seat out the carpet propped up and hopefully the foam layer dries out with out me having to take the front seats and console out to get the carpet out :(

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Prepared for the eventual disassembly and brake swap on both bikes. Retaped the Lefty front wheel as the trusty 3M masking tape was pretty much fucked. It's somewhat entertaining being able to keep the wheel on the bike whilst applying tape.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Camelback sprang a leak on the back seat of the car… About 1.5 litres of water poured down past the seat belt buckles along under the back seat and down into both footwells under the carpet …

It’s going to be driving around for a few days with the seat out the carpet propped up and hopefully the foam layer dries out with out me having to take the front seats and console out to get the carpet out :(
Wait 7 minutes for the floor to rust out and let the rest drain naturally?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Prepared for the eventual disassembly and brake swap on both bikes. Retaped the Lefty front wheel as the trusty 3M masking tape was pretty much fucked. It's somewhat entertaining being able to keep the wheel on the bike whilst applying tape.
Yes! Now for a righty rear.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
For those that haven't ridden with @fjohn860 - he's a good all-around rider, but he always monsters me on flat bits of trail. I call him the torque monster because he's always riding a gear or two heavier than I am (and I'm not high-cadence whippet) and just looks like he's cruising along. Uphill I can keep up with him (sometimes even better him), and downhill we're pretty even. I thought, right - today I'll go and hammer out some bike-path and gravel to try and bring up my stamina on sustained flat section of trail. I rode 38km (return) from Sunshine West round the Ring-Road path up to Brimbank park, down into the valley and along the gravel next to the creek for a couple of km, then turned around and retraced my tracks back home. Magic day for it, hardly any people on the paths - loved it. Highball was a delight whirring away with the crunch of gravel under the treads, and still plenty spritely on the asphalt and concrete sections of bikepath before and after.

Got home and thought "I'll have a flick through Rotorburn" while I'm buzzing from my efforts and waiting for the sweating to stop - and find he's only gone and done 33 km on a bloody single speed! And just look at the gearing on the bloody thing! F*** me dead... You win mate, you win... :p

Single speed ride with a picnic in the middle for the wife's birthday.
TBH - I still had a great ride and regret nothing, but it did make me chuckle. :)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
For those that haven't ridden with @fjohn860 - he's a good all-around rider, but he always monsters me on flat bits of trail. I call him the torque monster because he's always riding a gear or two heavier than I am (and I'm not high-cadence whippet) and just looks like he's cruising along. Uphill I can keep up with him (sometimes even better him), and downhill we're pretty even. I thought, right - today I'll go and hammer out some bike-path and gravel to try and bring up my stamina on sustained flat section of trail. I rode 38km (return) from Sunshine West round the Ring-Road path up to Brimbank park, down into the valley and along the gravel next to the creek for a couple of km, then turned around and retraced my tracks back home. Magic day for it, hardly any people on the paths - loved it. Highball was a delight whirring away with the crunch of gravel under the treads, and still plenty spritely on the asphalt and concrete sections of bikepath before and after.

Got home and thought "I'll have a flick through Rotorburn" while I'm buzzing from my efforts and waiting for the sweating to stop - and find he's only gone and done 33 km on a bloody single speed! And just look at the gearing on the bloody thing! F*** me dead... You win mate, you win...

TBH - I still had a great ride and regret nothing, but it did make me chuckle. :)
Yep the gearing is a bit much sometimes.

Definitely need a good run up to get up even the short steep hills between Geelong and my joint

crash3

Likes Dirt
First rip around Coondoo today before work. Great track that one. Only did the 6k as I didn't get up as early as I wanted.
First run around a pump track there too, but there were some wet sections so bailed after the first lap - don't want to be ripping that up.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Headed out to the Youies after nightshift and best myself up on the hardtail.

Added a Tomahawk that I've had in the parts bin for probably around 4 years to trail it up a little, but still be fast rolling for rides around home. Slick! But good fun.

Bit of a BBQ to wrap things up... (Flame suit on! :p)

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
First rip around Coondoo today before work. Great track that one. Only did the 6k as I didn't get up as early as I wanted.
First run around a pump track there too, but there were some wet sections so bailed after the first lap - don't want to be ripping that up.
I haven't been back since the fires, only Super Bowl. Is Coondoo much the same post-rebuild? I think they said they were planning some improvements.