What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What plugs ? I've used a few different ones but went back to the cheap bacon strips. If the hole is too big for one, jam a second in there, too big again, go 3.
Inflate an old tyre on an old rim and have a family plugg'n session ;) Cheap as chips off Ali.

Kit

Plugs

This little beastie. Spiky bit screws off, it and the strips live inside the black tube. I cut the strip in half coz it seemed like a waste. Reckon I've had it for 12 months, first time I've needed to use it.
Screenshot_20220904-221148_Chrome.jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
This little beastie. Spiky bit screws off, it and the strips live inside the black tube. I cut the strip in half coz it seemed like a waste. Reckon I've had it for 12 months, first time I've needed to use it.
Thats a fancy one ;) keep it for yourself.

Dont kit the kids out with fancy shit, AliExpress plug kits and AliExpress Co2 inflators. When they come home without them and give you that look... its an easier blow than losing your good stuff.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Thats a fancy one ;) keep it for yourself.

Dont kit the kids out with fancy shit, AliExpress plug kits and AliExpress Co2 inflators. When they come home without them and give you that look... its an easier blow than losing your good stuff.
Nothing but the basics from this branch of the Bank of Dad ;)

He's doing some cash in hand work so he's already been informed anything fancy comes out of his pocket.

ausdb

Being who he is
After breakfast with the family I did some essential maintenance whilst the wife took the kids to see the in laws / granddad. I managed a quick and dirty lowers service to fix my forks and trimmed my bars down a bit.
Headed up to Kalamunda in the afternoon with the bikes to meet the family but they were late so I missed heading off with some other dads for a cruise. I headed in the general direction of where my sons lesson was and managed to find his group so left him there. I'd promised the wife I wouldn't ride by myself so shadowed another dad with son for a short loop back to the camel farm (with their permission of course).
My shoulder is still sore but not unbearably so except sleeping on it and with 20 mm shorter bars ~760mm? I was feeling ok so headed out solo again (please don't tell the wife) as I had over an hour to kill. The plan was nothing silly, mainly greens and only trails I knew and no stopping to catch my breath. It was a really nice day to be out in the bush on the bike, the light was amazing as the sky was all moody and cloudy as it was threatening to rain. I wasn't too hot with the new elbow pads plus kneepads but managed to keep rubber side down and away from trees today. I also managed to get back to the car park literally as it started to bucket down. Unfortunately my son got caught in it but it passed reasonably quickly.
Only two minor annoyances, I need to track down the source of a bottom bracket creak and the proframe has started to do the Mips squeak/creak.
_20220904_214550.JPG

DSC_1086-picsay1.jpg

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Got out for a pre breakfast ride for fathers day after some hasty repairs on Saturday night. Was going to pull the pin but a mate was insistent. In the fading light /darkness of the driveway I took the rear wheel from the enduro, swapped the cassette and stuffed it into the hardtail. Adjusted the rear brake and the derailleur to an acceptable sound then lubed the dirt and rust on the chain along with the fence and the driveway. It worked for a good 3/4 of the lap of Lysterfield before the mud took it's toll and it became a single speed. The maintenance list is now very long. Still really good to get out.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got out for a pre breakfast ride for fathers day after some hasty repairs on Saturday night. Was going to pull the pin but a mate was insistent. In the fading light /darkness of the driveway I took the rear wheel from the enduro, swapped the cassette and stuffed it into the hardtail. Adjusted the rear brake and the derailleur to an acceptable sound then lubed the dirt and rust on the chain along with the fence and the driveway. It worked for a good 3/4 of the lap of Lysterfield before the mud took it's toll and it became a single speed. The maintenance list is now very long. Still really good to get out.
Know the feeling Mick, had to do a mid lap wash at the tap near com games so my bike would shift again!
Good to see you got out :cool:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
After breakfast with the family I did some essential maintenance whilst the wife took the kids to see the in laws / granddad. I managed a quick and dirty lowers service to fix my forks and trimmed my bars down a bit.
Headed up to Kalamunda in the afternoon with the bikes to meet the family but they were late so I missed heading off with some other dads for a cruise. I headed in the general direction of where my sons lesson was and managed to find his group so left him there. I'd promised the wife I wouldn't ride by myself so shadowed another dad with son for a short loop back to the camel farm (with their permission of course).
My shoulder is still sore but not unbearably so except sleeping on it and with 20 mm shorter bars ~760mm? I was feeling ok so headed out solo again (please don't tell the wife) as I had over an hour to kill. The plan was nothing silly, mainly greens and only trails I knew and no stopping to catch my breath. It was a really nice day to be out in the bush on the bike, the light was amazing as the sky was all moody and cloudy as it was threatening to rain. I wasn't too hot with the new elbow pads plus kneepads but managed to keep rubber side down and away from trees today. I also managed to get back to the car park literally as it started to bucket down. Unfortunately my son got caught in it but it passed reasonably quickly.
Only two minor annoyances, I need to track down the source of a bottom bracket creak and the proframe has started to do the Mips squeak/creak.
View attachment 392587

View attachment 392578
Was a top day for a ride, the dirt was great and it was much less muggy in the hills than town
You'd have probably been out the same time as me, I kicked off from Black Stump at about 12 and got back at about 130

1662337796536.png

crash3

Likes Dirt
Tried to get miss 3 on the macride for a spin around the block yesterday evening. No dice.
Figured she'd want to if she saw the bike, so rode from the shed to the front door and showed her. Still no.
So pushed her on the swing, down the slide and on the trampoline until dark, then rode the bike back to the shed.

Another 40 meters on Strava :cool:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green