What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
On my Fitness road bike it came set up tubeless from new which was cool - Was easy to change tyres etc no issues boom tubeless done - Had to have a spoke replaced and now it has been retaped it will not seal tubeless - As in cant get the tyre to seal easily - tried new trye nope - Eventually get it sealed fucker lasts for the ride then goes flat in 2 days - Ended up with a tube in it for now - And now its flat lol
Putting Fitness in front of road bike doesn’t make it ok.
New bike?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
New Bike Day! Picked up this 22/23 Norco Optic C2 late on Friday and am pretty stoked. For those who don't know, I had a dud Canyon Spectral which got refunded due to lack of replacement frames after it cracked the BB shell.
Anyway, coincidentally this is the bike I originally wanted but they were out of stock with no ETA back in Jan/Feb this year, a quick phone call to a mate and was lucky enough to find a shipment of these had literally just landed at the start of the week.
Went for a blast out at the Youies with @Jpez today and felt immediately at home on it, good times.
PSX_20220918_151859.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
New Bike Day! Picked up this 22/23 Norco Optic C2 late on Friday and am pretty stoked. For those who don't know, I had a dud Canyon Spectral which got refunded due to lack of replacement frames after it cracked the BB shell.
Anyway coincidentally this is the bike I originally wanted but they were out of stock with no ETA back in Jan/Feb this year, a quick phone call to a mate and was lucky enough to find a shipment of these had literally just landed at the start of the week.
Went for a blast out at the Youies with @Jpez today and felt immediately at home on it, good times.
View attachment 392880
Heck yeah @Mattyp! Congrats! :D

That's miracle timing, must've been fate. ;)

mtb1611

Seymour
Maiden voyage yesterday. First hardtail mtb ride in 20 years. 3 weeks off the bike and squats the day before do not an ideal prep make so not in a position to make a detailed assessment however it's very precise and definitely climbs well. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to realising its full potential once I'm match fit again.

merida.jpg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Anyway, coincidentally this is the bike I originally wanted but they were out of stock with no ETA back in Jan/Feb this year, a quick phone call to a mate and was lucky enough to find a shipment of these had literally just landed at the start of the week.
View attachment 392880
Solid result in the end for bugger all outlay!

Solid spec too, not much there you’d want to change straight up

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maiden voyage yesterday. First hardtail mtb ride in 20 years. 3 weeks off the bike and squats the day before do not an ideal prep make so not in a position to make a detailed assessment however it's very precise and definitely climbs well. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to realising its full potential once I'm match fit again.

View attachment 392882
Looks awesome. That sky / colour looks vaguely familiar but it must be from somewhere other than SE Australia. It's been nothing but rain for so long....

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's been very wet here again so decided just to hit fire roads and Comm Games descent on the Paradox to ensure the legs don't completely get used assistance from the E-bike.

The legs felt great actually which is encouraging as I've kept the training up. I didn't hit anything too testing but that bike still feels excellent. Definitely need to have the tyre pressures set correctly though.

After arriving home I even managed to miss the downpour by about 10 mins so was very happy with that.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We ran our first 3hr Enduro since 2019. Bit of classic run-by-committee head-fuckery in the lead up. Wasted a heap of energy of shit that really shouldn't have been an issue, but all's well that ends well. And by all reports everyone that came along had a great day.

received_780784153167358.jpeg

Screenshot_20220918-220222_Gallery.jpg

ausdb

Being who he is
Went to nearly 100 bikes and atoned for my sins this morning, at $5 a pop members price for a barb and olive @ozzybmx your advice is worth it. Sorted out the sons brakes just in time for his lesson at kalamunda.
Went for a little ride by myself (don't tell my wife), didn't hit any trees. Got a bit lost riding trails I've never ridden and checked out some of the new trails. After my sons lesson had finished he wanted to keep riding so we played at the skills park then went out and rode horny devil. Just over 22 km which is my longest ride to date and a lot of gradual climbing.
_20220918_200221.JPG

Mattyp

Cows go boing
How does the feel on the Norco compare to the canyon @Mattyp ? It looks like a sharp ride.
Its 25mm shorter in the wheelbase and 1 degree steeper HA. Makes it a bit more fun. The 125 was good too but felt a bit long on anything but the steeps and I often found the rear wheel tagging stuff I thought I'd got around. Have only done 1 fairly tame shakedown ride with baseline settings but it was good.