What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Fixed my wifes bike.. an older anaconda fluid 27.5" that she hasn't ridden for years. Had an alivio rear mech and acera shifter... pulled a deore mech/deore shifter off a bike that a) was barely ever ridden but b) i really didn't feel inclined to tidy it all up and sell it.... popped it on the wifes bike, tuned the gears up to be running all sweet.
Wife is back riding :D do have to get her some grips though... she's using a set of green ones that I had on my bike for one ride and they look absolutely hideous.

Ran some brake cleaner over my commuters rotors and replaced the pads. Going to give it a bleed tomorrow afternoon. Also going to replace the inner/outer cable. Couple that to the new deore mech I slapped on there the other day I'm expecting things to become a little more reliable.

Replaced the pads on my FS bike from resin to sintered. Will give her a bleed either tonight or tomorrow.

We picked my son up a dropper post for his hard tail... that's ear marked to be installed tomorrow afternoon too.

Good fun.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Did something really really stupid…

Jumped on the bike at 4.30am and headed to the hills to see how many trail networks I could hit.

110.7km and 1,444m vertical. Actually was a bit more but I turned off tracking venturing into a few areas I wasn’t supposed to be.

Hit the following trail networks:
- Old Bickley DH
- Mason and Bird
- Perth Hills
- The Valley
- Kalamunda
- Munda Biddi
- Katamorda
- Mundaring DH
- Old Mundaring XC
- Kep Track
- Lake Leschenaultia
- Railway Heritage Trail
- Goat Farm

Really enjoyed some technical trails in the Valley this time (much better on the dually) and the loamy sections at Mundaring are always nice. I’ve reached the conclusion that my brakes aren’t really up for either though.

Finished just before 2pm. I’m absolutely cooked now.

751B8370-725F-4173-8BF6-3D77A6C74474.jpeg

6C4F5EAE-785A-4A02-BC6E-7FD3D25CFF1E.jpeg

FBDD62A0-FC4B-4CDA-94D0-8A3FA27860F3.jpeg

The Valley:
F8FA881D-1425-4FD1-95B0-2B86329C93D6.jpeg

E4AEDA13-34C8-48B3-BE62-984EA8D66EEC.jpeg

Hard to make it out, but that’s some Mundaring loam. Completely different to riding elsewhere in Perth.
FC25A3D9-3DEC-458C-9821-B277ED4D79F9.jpeg

Helmet hair:
822EB517-AD8B-459A-8B1D-69F7893FD84E.jpeg

ausdb

Being who he is
Did something really really stupid…

Jumped on the bike at 4.30am and headed to the hills to see how many trail networks I could hit.

110.7km and 1,444m vertical. Actually was a bit more but I turned off tracking venturing into a few areas I wasn’t supposed to be.
Faark epic ride @ashes_mtb well done. How do you go with the family and solo rides? after my stacks and the recent event in the valley its a hard ban in my house.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Faark epic ride @ashes_mtb well done. How do you go with the family and solo rides? after my stacks and the recent event in the valley its a hard ban in my house.
Risk of solo riding has never been raised. Maybe mine don’t care if something happens?

My wife wasn’t impressed I went for an all day ride yesterday, but that was probably more due it being our anniversary…

ausdb

Being who he is
Risk of solo riding has never been raised. Maybe mine don’t care if something happens?

My wife wasn’t impressed I went for an all day ride yesterday, but that was probably more due it being our anniversary…
Holy crap, that was a gutsy move! mine was last week as well she was impressed I had remembered...

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Ha, full blown belly chortles going here.

That is gold.

At least she knows you have your priorities straight.