What did you score or do for Father's Day

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I effing scored!!!!!

My wife gave in and let me have a ride yesterday........of my downhill bike! First one in nearly 12 months.
Got brekkie in bed today after a sleep in, got a sweet card from my son made at day care, some rum balls he made at daycare and a kids book called "Why I love my dad".
I got a new TLD kit, XC shorts, jersey, socks and gloves. Got some new Oakley sunnies and a fun day surfing. Was great taking my son out in the water and catch a few little waves with him.
Best of all, hearing him say...."happy fathers day" for the first time when he actually knows what it means.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woke up with my 4yr old son giving me a present and telling me I smelt like porridge (hadn't eaten anything).
Just bought myself some pedals.

bloodpuddle

Likes Bikes
A road bike!

Conversation a week ago went something like this:

Wife: what do you want for Fathers Day?

Me: Nothing. I don't need anything.

Wife: Well, I'm going to get you something. So you may as well choose.

Me: OK a road bike.

So that, handmade cards from the kids, a couple of early morning hours to ride followed by a community fun run/walk as a family. Fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
Cleaned up with a drink bottle, I tunes card, choccies and a handwritten voucher for the new Rev mag out this week.

Then went for a ride with my brother, felt guilty about leaving the kids... Karma bit me with a slow rear tyre leak and a destroyed rear hub...

Then home for a bbq lunch and relax...

Last edited:

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
An irritable daughter who'd had her 1yr old vaccinations 8 days ago woke me up early, and I mean early, but mum dealt with it, so I rolled over and pulled the doona over my head.

About half an hour later I was presented with said grizzly child on the bed and a bunch of presents. This time last year we were in hospital with mum having had some complications post birth, so I scored a book from the nursing staff, http://www.booktopia.com.au/the-greatest-father-s-day-of-all-anne-mangan/prod9780732295776.html, which we read at least twice a week before bedtime. The gifts in that book were what I got this year, a ball, coffee mug and t-shirt. Also got some framed pics of wife and child for my desk at work.

We managed to get out for a ride later in the day. Kangaroo Pt through to Southbank and return, just me and my little girl on the SS MTB with Yepp Mini seat. Lots of Wheee's and dinging of the bell. Good times.

Attachments

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
brekky in an actual cafe with the wife and nipper. Some cookies. Lots of cuddles. Wife said I was a really good dad to the sprog.

Happy days.

mtb1611

Seymour
Few cute little gifts from my boys from their school's Fathers Day stall. Wife got me a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and we had a late brekkie at Barenz in Camden. Went for a walk with the boys in the arvo and had Indian for dinner. Nice lazy family day, love 'em.

moorey

call me Mia
Tickets to the Moscow Circus. There were some deadest hotties performing...but I'm really not fond of clowns :fear:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Got a ride in with a mate - 15kays to pub, 3 schooners, dodgy 15kays home ( set some pretty good times though lol)

Present from the wife and kids - a ryobi one battery pack with drill, driver, circular saw and angle grinder - now to find out what she wants built..... ;)

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
Presents: Camelbak Mule N.V. - JUST big enough for commuting, more than big enough for weekend riding. Absolutely love it :D Along with that got a card that the kids had drawn/written in for me, and the standard "best Dad ever" mug.
Day: Was given a bit of a sleep in, followed by bacon and eggs. Did some gardening, played heaps with the kids, had a mid-arvo trip to local cafe for milkshakes and waffles. All in all, a great day :)

Also spent Friday morning at my daughter's school playing games and got given the usual school project presents - a paper crown, card, laminated paper tie thing she made, and a mug that she'd decorated.

takai

Eats Squid
First fathers day for me, and the day before my birthday this year, and because they are so close together i don't really expect anything. Got this yesterday:

Plus a Weber, some lego and a new frame today.

But best of all the little man seems to have learnt how to say 'dada' overnight and is saying it every time he sees me and giggling. :D :first:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Spent the day trail building with my son Dane (in red in the photo) up the Dial Range, Tasmania. We were building a new single track for next years Cranky Penguin MTB race on the first of Feb 2015.
Dial trail build.jpg

OIL

Likes Dirt
Got spoilt this year. Saturday, dad and I took a road ride down Beach Rd with the Bayside Bandidos - Retro ride. Then had him and mum over for dinner that night. Plenty of Beers. :) Sunday - bacon and egg muffins for brekkie - my daughter got me the following; two new G-Shock watches, aftershave - vampire ice block tray - electric BBQ cleaner - and a few 'school made' items to hang up at work, then we spent the day at Melbourne Zoo with my daughter and my nephew who's dad is a total NobHead and has nothing to do with him, finished the day off with more beer (Father's Day gift from my mother in law) and some ripper Thai food. Was a good day :)

Beastly Words via de EyeFone using Tapatalk - TrueDat Be-Atch

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Asked for a sleep in, kids got me up at 5.30am haha. Little buggers probably slept in today.

But got out for a ride, played with kids in the park with a coffee.

They picked me this shirt out too.

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
I got the only one of these in the world, was a little surprised, but have been working hard. Then we had our first day skiing together as a fam, and caught up with the bro in the arvo after his ice climbing who handed over 4 tix to Taronga zoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk