What do you define as "North Shore"

Oppy

Likes Dirt
There are lots of trails stunts that people are building and calling them "North Shore". What do you include in that category?
My list includes:
Ramps fat/skinny
log rides
skinny logs
seesaws (teeter totters)
Corners (not just straight) ramps and bridges
Exposure ie height above ground.
Traversing wet ground/swamps and creeks by elevated bridges logs etc to preserve the trails.
Drops (vertical descents)
Hucks
Jumps (on a trail not dirt jump parks)

What do you think??

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If i was composing a list, I think all those things would be in it. Don't you need rain 24/7 as well tho? Everytime i watch some north shore stuff its so damn wet! :mrgreen:

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Rain, snow ,chicken wire, pine forrest heaps of nice straight fallen trees . I think while we are on the wish list include digger and the other NS builders.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
i would also put in... creativity and lots of hard work. Trail building like the North Shore stuff looks tough to do.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Mountain biking with heavy doses of trials and BMX mixed in, while moving mostly downhill on man-made courses and natural terrain - with lots of airtime.

Somebody on another forum called it "Mountain biking for the unfit.":) AND it was a freeriding site!

xxsethsxx

Likes Bikes
It def. has a lot of man-made obstacles. A lot of narrow trails, creative obstacles, and always has something unexpected.