What do your kids ride?

Switch

huskier headed gent
My 9yo is on a 24" Ramones and it's a little big for him. He's used to it now and he'll grow into it more of course, but there's a lot of advice saying that you should get the correct fit, so it's easier for them and doesn't turn them off. The biggest issue i noticed is the kids hands aren't quite big enough on the larger sizes, in order to grab the brakes properly. That could be remedied though, with a different brakeset.

I reckon get the 20inch, so she's comfortable and confident. There's a decent market for 2nd hand kids bikes, so you should be able to sell when she grows out of it, in order to help fund that 24 inch Meta. ;)
Cheers BT,
She has a little brother that will destroy what she hands over in pristine condition. On one hand I feel bad that he won't get a new bike for years but on the other hand he is inheriting some cool bikes. Knowing that a 9 year old is finding a 24" a little big and not considering the reach on the brakes has definitely helped the decision making process.

moorey

call me Mia
Before I offer to the wider audience, any parents want an XS Spesh hardrock frame? 2012, I believe. Had very little use.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Chasing some advice if possible on 20" MTB tyres for the young fellas bike.

Currently has cheap 20 X 2.0's in this pattern and struggles for traction at times.

All I can find is Maxxis Maxx Daddy in 20 X 2.0 or Schwalbe Black Jack in 20 X 1.9.

Vee Flow Snaps look alright but I suspect they'll struggle to fit his bike.

Any feedback/suggestions on 20" MTB tyres?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I found some Schwalbe Smart Sam 20" that seem OK. Were an absolute %#$#^ to fit though....
How big did they blow up? They're 2.35's and the one real photo I could find they looked enormous, probably a bit too big to clear the v-brakes. Looked a decent tread pattern though.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How big did they blow up? They're 2.35's and the one real photo I could find they looked enormous, probably a bit too big to clear the v-brakes. Looked a decent tread pattern though.
Pretty big - I was looking for the biggest I could find (replacing the 2.6's on my kids Commencal) and they are only marginally narrower than those.
Don't have any calipers to measure but they're probably close enough to an adults 2.3 or 2.25 tire

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That is a very sad state of affairs..I dread to think that mine may go down the same path
Damn twins and their secret language!
Don't let them have video games. At all.

I allowed it, with restrictions on time and type and things they need to do in order to play. But that's still their deal, I should have given them naught but bikes instead of a wide range of entertainment

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Daughter was home from school today and has decided to up her cardio, what with the zombie apocalypse being neigh. Hasn't ridden her bike in ages so the tyres were flat and before I could put some fresh sealant in and pumped them up she had dropped the seat on my bike and taken off!

I was quite liking the dropper post until now.

John U

MTB Precision
Don't let them have video games. At all.

I allowed it, with restrictions on time and type and things they need to do in order to play. But that's still their deal, I should have given them naught but bikes instead of a wide range of entertainment

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Fucking iPad for school has ended up consuming a lot of my young fellas spare time. It is a full on addiction.