What do your kids ride?

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers mate. I think that's the bike. They look great. Cheaper than the Norco and not too much more than the Riprock. He can get a bike with suspension once he dials his skills - he won't really be hitting up anything too rough anyway.

They say the Ramones is 10.5kgs. Not sure how that compares to other 24" bikes...
Personally, I would doubt those numbers, based on all the 20” and 24” kids bikes I have to lug around. That said, the Ramone looks a cut above most.
I’d say 12+ seems the norm. Incredible if @John U ’s is around 7. Mind = blown.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Anyone done suspension removal on a 20"?
The GT 20" (thanks again Moorey) Mr.9 has been riding is going to Ms.7 who is 1/2 his weight.
Thinking of replacing steel suspension fork with one of these 'suspension corrected' carbon forks to lose 2 kegs off bike weight. Angles and A to C work out. As is about 11-12 kgs i reckon.
Mostly for riding to school, BMX park or fairly groomed pine forest trails (prospect hill).
Mr. 9 is getting a sweet 26" alloy HT with salsa cromoto steel suspension corrected fork and XT 9 speed for his Bday...he is now 140 + cms.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sil...4.0&pvid=45d9482f-04ae-4e8d-96ae-544d931cb166

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Cheers mate. I think that's the bike. They look great. Cheaper than the Norco and not too much more than the Riprock. He can get a bike with suspension once he dials his skills - he won't really be hitting up anything too rough anyway.

They say the Ramones is 10.5kgs. Not sure how that compares to other 24" bikes...
After reading @nzhumpy 's comment above along with some of the other comments here and on FB, i'm leaning towards the Ramones 20" myself. Showed my daughter a pic of both models and she loved the red one. the lack of hydro brakes is a bit of a downer but one less thing to maintain. Not sure on the grip shift though?

Get her really into it and shell out for a nice 24" Hardtail bike once she's big enough (or get her to save seem pocket money for)

Attachments

SummitFever

Eats Squid
My kids found grip shift hard to turn when they were really young. Shifter was easier to use but without a clutch. Clutch made the upshifts too hard.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
My kids found grip shift hard to turn when they were really young. Shifter was easier to use but without a clutch. Clutch made the upshifts too hard.
My daughter comes with me on the macride and shifts gears for me on an Xx1 shifter no issues, granted it’s different to doing it while actually riding etc.

I’m gonna get down to the LBS and try a riprock that’s got gripshift. If it’s no good then I’ll probably go back to the norco charger over the Ramones as it’s got shifter instead of gripshift. I don’t want to have to spend more coin getting it to a good level if I can get a bike that better and spend the same amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yep mine too. But it's the shitty grip shifter too that doesn't help. I had XO years back and it was much easier. Trigger is much easier for her.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Short post. NS clash frame. My leftover 26" stuff. He has a better drivetrain than me. 11 years old. I believe/hope it is a great start

xt drivetrain
Nice. I'm changing my daughters bike from 3X9 to 1X9 11-40 this weekend. It should make it much easier not to have to contend with the front chainrings.

Sandakan

Likes Bikes
XTC 24 JR1 Giant. But with a Suntour air fork over the crap coil, tekro hydraulic brakes with 160mm rotors, proper trigger shifters and a wider handle bar and DMR pedals. So pretty much just the XTC frame now.... She's just started racing in some of the kiddie races at events we go to. This was the Armidale 10hr..
My son rode almost exactly the same bike. Giant upgraded the fork free of charge to air after the coil fork collapsed within 6 months and while they were at it they upgraded the front disc to 160mm all under warranty. I installed hydraulic brakes, wider bars, flat pedals, better tyres and took out the twist shift for paddles. He rides an Anthem xs now but still loves riding the XTC cause its so nibble and light. They are a great off the shelf option if you want to slowly upgrade parts.

moorey

call me Mia
6D5B6933-B219-4B67-A166-FA0713E89A7F.jpeg
One in, one out.
Felix is a little gutted to lose his spitty, but he’s done alright out of it.
A few changes made:
3” custom dropper.
26” wheels

Changes to come (To lighten as much as possible:
150mm revs.
Lighter wheels/tyres.
Shorter/lighter cranks.
Lighter shock maybe (till she builds up skills)

First test for her on local DH shuttle night tonight. She’s excited!

John U

MTB Precision
Personally, I would doubt those numbers, based on all the 20” and 24” kids bikes I have to lug around. That said, the Ramone looks a cut above most.
I’d say 12+ seems the norm. Incredible if @John U ’s is around 7. Mind = blown.
Sorry to disappoint but checked the old details. Weight was about 8.8 kgs. Price was $350 for a close out. Still pretty light. Feels like it weighs nothing when I’m putting it on the roof racks.

moorey

call me Mia
Whats 1.8kg between friends

Your dissapointed because your still grieving the loss of your tranny, so are abit touchy.
You’re.

Not at all, just defending my statement, which was correct. Still a very impressive weight and sweet bike at 8.8.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ahaha! I wasn’t happy with the wording of my joke and got rid of it, but you got in too soon.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaark