What does your brain do while you are on stationary trainer?

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just spent 40mins watching my kids sleep on the baby monitor while listening to Hotest 100 while, nowhere on the front porch before it got to me (it's been a while since i dragged stationary bike out of the shed...)

Often watch some bike movies while spinning away, which is probably why i am now building up an AM bike....

What do you to stay sane while you spin?

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
I've got a bit of a setup so I can watch TV, movies, surf internet or play PS3. I found the 2 best things. My wife downloads all manner of US tv garbage, entire seasons, up to 8 seasons, and for easy rides I play 2 or 3 episodes, each being about 40 mins. After a while you get into it and its not so garbage anymore. I was doing entourage for a few seasons but coming into summer have been on the road more. For more intense sessions download a sufferfest video. A good way to get a hard session in but in limited time. They're about $15. Internet and PS3 is ok but you'll need a heart rate monitor with upper and lower limit alarms because its easy to get distracted.
Demon

reppin'

Likes Dirt
Just pump the music and spin. When i used to train i was told that you shouldnt be able to do anything else if you want to reach your full fitness potential.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Music and tv, I spend a fair bit of time watching the monitor to keep my HR and cadence in the right zone so that keeps me occupied.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Just pump the music and spin. When i used to train i was told that you shouldnt be able to do anything else if you want to reach your full fitness potential.
Agree - surely the whole point of a spin bike is being able to stay at threshold for 10 or 20 minutes - If i cant get out for a ride, I do 3 songs at LT, 2 songs at 10bpm below LT, then repeat twice more. Or for a harder work out 10min warm, 30min at LT 10 cooldown.

Its easier to break it into songs, but i sure as shit couldnt watch a movie at lactate threshold - i'd want to punch the screen!

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for movies etc. im usaly got mine set up infront of the screens so watch tv shows o movies

agoer

Likes Dirt
Arnie movies usually. You can regularly look away at the hr monitor with out missing anything crucial in the movie. Plus they're usually a bit shorter than most movies.