What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ Newcastle was hot...humid...lighting...super clouds...and there was about 1mm of rain. The almost storm conditions were unbearable. Humidity left me feeling dead.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not so much today as last week. Beach trip got canned due to poor weather so we headed down to a privately owned camping spot at the foot of Mt Superbus.

The whole area is very dry though with rain on the last night and to follow things should green up. Hikes are grade 4 and above and there are plenty of trails in and around the property and National Park and Forestry. Probably not hard core enough for some but very enjoyable. Bloody steep so the ups were a grind but the downs were so good.

There are sites along the creek, in an open field and up in a paddock called Prow view. All good though the first and last are 4wd access only.

This is Prow view, you need to be self sufficient up here or travel the track for 1s and 2s.

The Ardent is coming off the front and I will search for a better shock.

There are quite a few km of this track around. Gets deeply rutted and the creek crossings are rough and likely to have a red belly black looking on.

Creek wasnt running until the day we left but plenty of water holes like this one. Very pretty.

Plenty of birds too.

Many 4wd tracks around too, this is the head of the Condamine. Easy track at the moment with 14 river crossings. We did it about 10 years ago and it was not easy then!

Queen Mary falls and a few others are in the area and are easy day trips.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Another of the falls you can perve at.

The end of Spring Ck Road has a lookout named after locals who found the route for ghe access.

Carrs lookout lets you see Mt Superbus and the steamers around to Mt Warning.

Another view of the creek.

And likely the same red belly black who startled me on my first down run at speed over this crossing. No harm done to either party. All up I saw a RBB every ride in the Park and each time I walked through with the camera. Plenty around. Most likely more visible because of the dry conditions and limited water holes. I did see one catch a small fish and eat it. That was cool.

The only inconvenience was the number of flies around, including bitey types. Nothing seemed to disuade them.

As a million insects say, fresh is best.

And finally, it is not just me... Wonder what the poor bastard did.

If you are into a bit of hard core hiking (Mt Superbus is a 5 hour level 4+ hike), the odd bit of riding and 4wding this is not a bad spot. Google Broangus and you can find the details. Flushing toilets and hot showers will be completed later this week in the middle camping area.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I was showing my dad your photo and caption and my mum asks what’s so funny.

Looks like a lovely place to go pat a few RBBS.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well yesterdays mini cyclone, with golf ball size hail, left lots of dents all over the Forester:mad: and punched holes in the back verandah skylights. Spent the morning in the sun on the roof covering the skylight holes and the missus spent hours on the phone with the insurance company.

So f'ing pissed.

scblack

Leucocholic
Well yesterdays mini cyclone, with golf ball size hail, left lots of dents all over the Forester:mad: and punched holes in the back verandah skylights. Spent the morning in the sun on the roof covering the skylight holes and the missus spent hours on the phone with the insurance company.

So f'ing pissed.
I assume you’re talking about Sydney. No damage for me luckily, but power is out until Tuesday.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, Campbelltown. Storms converged right over us and the hail, wind, rain was intense. Mate lost the roof off his front verandah as well.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Grays Point got pretty fuckedered up too, around the "point" doesn't have power, trees fell down all round the joint and people's properties got pretty damaged. SES and the police have been turning away non-residents.