What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Funny yet tempting. You running it from a genset ?
12V so technically nuclear powered. It is only 700mm diameter and runs 270 rpm. Claims to only pull 10W but it moves a lot of air. Might throw the wattmeter on it if I get bored.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The weather is hot . This is the worst summer ever for NE Vic =the whole place is going to be scorched.
Yesterday 42 today 44 tomorrow 45 then 43, 44 ,then cools down to 35 then over 40 next week.
House prices will be rising in Tassie .

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah use to go skiing every February good way to escape the heat for sure.
Bit nervous in an el nino year cos its a farm and worry about bushfires.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just in the 30s at the beach. Light winds and perfect kayaking weather.

Hopefully you guys will get through without massive fires this time.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Contentious subject that it is I decided to go down to the beach this morning and have a go at catching some whiting or a flathead. I am not much of a fisherman and usually walk many metres feeding fish but occasionally I do land something edible which is kept. I kill and gut at the waters edge and give back to the sea the bits we dont eat.

As I am barely 50% competent with my cast net I opted for bait that others had prepared earlier. I bought some sand worms yesterday and was happy to see the one use only baggies replaced by a small resealable tub. Now that probably isnt any more environmentally friendly but it is reusable. Hopefully meaning fewer bogan abandoned baggies on the beaches.

So I grabbed my rod and reel, bait box and knife and wandered over to the car fridge for the worms. Reached in and grabbed one tub and set off for the beach. Walked 600m or so South and grabbed the tub to bait the hook only to discover that I had picked up the tub of sage and garlic aioli that came with my wife's lunch the day before. Now I have no doubt the aioli would be a useful addition once the fish is caught, cleaned and cooked but I had my doubts as to its effectiveness as a means to actually catch the fish.

So I took my fishing gear for a romantic morning walk on the beach.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yesterday was the last day at the beach.

Paddled with dolphins, well they appeared and then took off in a great hurry.

But sadly a turtle copped a prop strike and didnt survive. It wasnt tagged and was picked up by the research guys at Mon Repos. A couple of days earlier I was joined by a turtle well off shore. Cannot help but wonder if this was the guy.

Back home now...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Looks rad but (and the but is 'cause I'm coming to the end of my tether with Syd) I reckon there must be a few guys on here within riding distance to Derby