What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Updating the shitters in the house. Replacing drilled tiles, outlet hole has been bodged with an offset collar that cannot be used on the new sleek shitter. Hack the collar off and the best fit is 20mm off centre in the main toilet. All day job, should have been a couple of hours. Bastard. Ah well, too bad. One down. Ensuite tomorrow, at least it isnt in the middle of a 1m wide room. But two tiles to change. Grout and silicone tomorrow too. I hate plumbing it is so rough and ready.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
No cut bearers for waste pipe?

My first house, the bearer was cut for the dunny waste pipe. Had a corner spa loading up that bearer, with a bunch of joists missing too.

Spotted it after I’d listed the house for sale. Never had another spa bath

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Finished wiring up a mates shed. Was planned to take around 15hrs but ended up taking closer to 25 thanks to some helpful children backfilling the 14m trench, and a few hours lost to a “helpful” visitor (IT desk jockey) who kept telling me how to do everything and getting in the way when I was trying to fit everything off... It’s good now, laying in bed writing up the invoice;)

safreek

Finished wiring up a mates shed. Was planned to take around 15hrs but ended up taking closer to 25 thanks to some helpful children backfilling the 14m trench, and a few hours lost to a “helpful” visitor (IT desk jockey) who kept telling me how to do everything and getting in the way when I was trying to fit everything off... It’s good now, laying in bed writing up the invoice;)
Should of backfilled the IT dude

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
You should have got him to "Help out" with the insulation resistance testing, set the megger to 1Kv and get him to see if its working ;)..that will make him think twice about hanging around next time.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
2nd shitter done. Easier than the first because I knew what to expect. Three tiles had to be changed including one around the outlet. The shards that come off tiles when you are smashing them are crazy sharp. One went through my glove into the side of my finger. Short time out but that was the blood letting ritual done with. I was surprised that the old toilets were miles out of level. No way I could reinstall the same way so "make the noise" all level. Perfect for precision shitting. Grout was slate grey but with time has gone darker so the repair can be seen, at least for now.

Anyone want a couple of well used bogs??? Otherwise off to the dump with them.

:p

Update: just pulled a 5mm long sliver out of the finger. Luckily it went straight in.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The novelty big knife is popping up a bit here in Japan! I had a Kobe wagyu striploin the other night, served with black truffle butter. It was about 250g. What a great meal. I had a Japanese mixed grill for lunch as well. Both times I was surprised by the big knife appearing.

Attachments

stirk

Burner
The novelty big knife is popping up a bit here in Japan! I had a Kobe wagyu striploin the other night, served with black truffle butter. It was about 250g. What a great meal. I had a Japanese mixed grill for lunch as well. Both times I was surprised by the big knife appearing.
Compensating much?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'd be careful loosening any bolts on that, doesn't look like there's that many to start with, the keas have been at the window rubbers as well.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
should have told him to stop being a retard, as that will never work
and just go and buy some twine and lash it poorly to the roof through the windows like any normal person would do!
I love watching the "what next " look on their face once the last knot has been tied and then watching people climb back into their cars once said process has been completed, priceless.
I still believe this is why spastics buy Subaru's!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Been an interesting couple of days...

• Went to a very expensive and new ski field yesterday. Rode my new board (only 5 days of use) over a post that was buried under the copious amount of snow and fucked it good. Gouged out the sincerest have right to the core. It might be repairable but resale has plummeted hard!
  • Rode a favourite ski field today with about 20cm of fresh snow on the ground and heavy snow fall all day. Took my 2nd newest board (this is its second season) I needed to adjust the bindings and discovered a stress fracture across the top sheet, all the way side to side! No idea how this has happened, the board was a weapon. I guess I'll have a bit more space in my luggage on the way home.

Looks like I'll have to save up some coins for boards this year, which sucks as I haven't had either of these long.