What does your day look like?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PTO dyno's lug them down to get HP and torque values. So you engage the PTO, bring it up to max engine speed (about 2000rpm) then add resistance to the PTO shaft through the dyno.

No tractor pics at the moment as I'm now out working on the stuff i usually fix, sprayers.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
PTO dyno's lug them down to get HP and torque values. So you engage the PTO, bring it up to max engine speed (about 2000rpm) then add resistance to the PTO shaft through the dyno.

No tractor pics at the moment as I'm now out working on the stuff i usually fix, sprayers.

Phwoar. Still getting a little woody.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Rear PTOs normally run at 540rpm or 1000rpm for smaller machines. Some like mine do both to be able to use different implement manufacturers. In Japan the rice paddy tractors run hugher speeds. 2,000 and 3,000rpm from memory. Not much torque at those speeds but they are tilling mud.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Rear PTOs normally run at 540rpm or 1000rpm for smaller machines. Some like mine do both to be able to use different implement manufacturers. In Japan the rice paddy tractors run hugher speeds. 2,000 and 3,000rpm from memory. Not much torque at those speeds but they are tilling mud.
Think I'll keep my flail mower running at 540. Wouldn't find me within coo-ee if that focker was spinning at 2 or 3k.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Think I'll keep my flail mower running at 540. Wouldn't find me within coo-ee if that focker was spinning at 2 or 3k.

They are scary! Even if it is mulching up mud and straw there is something unnerving about the gizzards spinning that fast.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, about 1800 engine rpm is 1000/540 PTO rpm, depending on the shaft. When we rev them to 2000rpm (1100ish PTO) we find that we get close to max HP around that 1000 PTO rpm mark, but max torque around 800 PTO rpm.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Had a satisfying morning finding old survey marks by eyeing out a few fences and pacing out distances off the plan.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I would like to take this chance to commend @Haakon for his honesty and bravery in this photo. Despite knowing his hammer is a little small and unlikely to do the job, no matter how many times he tries to tap it in, he didn't hold back and still posted the nude wheel photo.

Also the admission that he will end up hammer that thing back together in a fit of Friday frustration filled rage is a step forward.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I would like to take this chance to commend @Haakon for his honesty and bravery in this photo. Despite knowing his hammer is a little small and unlikely to do the job, no matter how many times he tries to tap it in, he didn't hold back and still posted the nude wheel photo.

Also the admission that he will end up hammer that thing back together in a fit of Friday frustration filled rage is a step forward.
It does the job.