What does your day look like?

stirk

Burner
No, it’s a fair assessment...
Sydney is pretty bad too and the traffic and people everywhere make it stressful, the soul part comes from places you go and the kindred spirits enjoying moments in life with you.

Most Sydney people are souless instafame wankers and then one Sunday night you stumble across a cool venue like The Doss House in The Rocks, full of great people, a room full of Irish musicians having a jam session at the pub, that's the kind of stuff that lends a bit of soul to a place. It's hard to find the cool shit but you gotta get out there and try!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sydney is pretty bad too and the traffic and people everywhere make it stressful, the soul part comes from places you go and the kindred spirits enjoying moments in life with you.

Most Sydney people are souless instafame wankers and then one Sunday night you stumble across a cool venue like The Doss House in The Rocks, full of great people, a room full of Irish musicians having a jam session at the pub, that's the kind of stuff that lends a bit of soul to a place. It's hard to find the cool shit but you gotta get out there and try!
Can’t say Sydney has ever done it for me, but have spent a sum total of maybe 10 days ever...

Canberra is very much about the in crowd. It’s all about networks and social climbing and that shit bores me senseless... Id rather be a hermit and go riding when I can.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Canberra is very much about the in crowd. It’s all about networks and social climbing and that shit bores me senseless... Id rather be a hermit and go riding when I can.
Does it matter where you live then? Canberra’s got some pretty sweet riding.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sunburnt? I am looking at my 10th sub 5C morning in a row. Still that will be 6 or 7 degrees warmer than Saturday.

stirk

Burner
I was rocking a t-shirt in Canberra it's so balmy at the moment. Sure cold mornings but warm days. #bringbackwinter

BTW Akiba is great, awesome food and service and with a booking at 6:15 the place was already almost full. If in Canberra I recommend going, the miso dengaku eggplant and tuna tartare are my go back again dishes.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Last 2 weeks have been a struggle. Had family visiting, then was bedridden with flu for a few days, then we had to move house over the weekend - including mowing the lawns etc and pulling down fencing I put up for the dog in arctic winds. Just had final inspection today, so stressful, but we came out fine.

Now live a stones throw from Stromlo but not quite up to riding just yet. Going to try gym tonight and see how I go.

Anyway, the silver lining is that now I actually have a shed and space to work on my bikes, and will be able to get to the trails without a car.

Now I can start accumulating tools (modest few atm) and hang out with my dog and some tunes out the back of the house.

75F092DE-1EFC-4294-912F-C57A236116C9.jpeg