What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Paddled about 8km to be met with a 24kph headwind coming back up the beach. 4,783 paddlings later I made it back.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Fury Road was delayed due to the desert being too green from unseasonal rain.

It will be ironic if the next mad max, which is in pre production, is delayed from a environment that’s too fucked up to allow filming.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
so I borrowed a geiger counter from a bloke at work to go through a rock collection that was inherited to me from my old man when he passed away.
I always remember him saying to me when we looked through it that there was a piece of radioactive material in the box, but i didn't really comprehend or understand what he meant at the time, but I do remember taking something for "show and tell" to school back in the early eighty's
anyhow, 35 years on and it got me wondering if the specimen was still in that little metal box..
guess what!

Found it!
I managed to get the reading up over 10,000 CPM , which is about 80 uSv/h ...I'm off to throw this in the lake!

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Bluestone houses will set off a Geiger counter too if you walk inside with one.

Anything igneous will have residual radiation as it’s been deep underground or part of the mantle relatively recently.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Did some workshop reorganisation:

Sink wash corner better laid out & new shelves installed for the drill press, plus drill press now on a plinth to be bolted to the workbench when desired.

More room now!

P.S. Rims to be built into a new wheel set for a mate...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did some workshop reorganisation:

Sink wash corner better laid out & new shelves installed for the drill press, plus drill press now on a plinth to be bolted to the workbench when desired.

More room now!

P.S. Rims to be built into a new wheel set for a mate...
Plenty of room for a new bike. ;)