What does your day look like?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
It was incredible!! The rays get my heart going more than the sharks usually, they just kind of appear out of nowhere, big shadow underneath and get that little "fight or flight" kick.

Love a good morwong! The missus got me a webber that I've been doing some whole coal cooked fish on, need to invest in a smoker though.

Are you around Newcastle/Hunter?
I've not had a lot of luck finding dive buddies, but if you need a friend in the water, I'm always keen (social distancing and quarantine permitting).
I'm in Smellbourne, if ever you're down this way bring your gear. Be warned though the spearing is much better up your way, over winter it can get hard to find decent fish

Reactions: Zaf

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Spear fishing sounds so damn cool. I love fishing but can't catch shit and it I did I wouldn't know what to do with it so wouldn't take it home. I mainly (stupidly, with my lack of ability) target mangrove jack in the estuaries and believe in catch and release for sportfish like that but spear fishing reefs and stuff seems like such a natural hunter gatherer type activity. Would love to have a crack one day.
Give Hinchinbrook Channel a go, that would boost the excitement factor. Plenty of Tiger Sharks and Croc's in there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My sister is down your way. I havde cancelled plans for the end of the month to visit, but pandemic permitting, the girlfriend and I might do a little April Road Trip down that way visiting the fire affected towns along the way.
Only in pencil at the moment, but if it goes ahead, the wetsuit, fins and gun are straight in the car!

And likewise if you're ever up this way, drop me a line. Some beautiful spots to dive all along this coastline, very easy place to fall in love with.

I have fallen in love with it. The freediving aspect of it is a real kick for me, the fresh fish at the end of it is the icing. Just love being in the water! Also the things you see, was in Boat Harbour this past weekend and there was a sea turtle with a missing fin and a tracker on it, beautiful big spotted wobbegongs, curios little Port Jackson sharks, crays, octopus, eagle rays, etc.

There's practically no by-catch because you're identifying everything before you take it and it's very quick death. Even if the shot isnt a stone kill, it is seconds from a shot to spiking the fish. Also means that the flesh doesn't fill up with blood from having the fish struggle, so it's a one way trip to flava town when the cooking starts.

You can pick up a hand spear pretty cheap (good quality one is QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Why the hell did you waste so much of your life in Alice!?

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Dozens of seagate nearline sas drives failing in batches. Can’t get stock. Customer hasn’t got the cash to replace.

Let the good times roll

Oddjob

Dozens of seagate nearline sas drives failing in batches. Can’t get stock. Customer hasn’t got the cash to replace.

Let the good times roll

I'm hoping you at least got to say "I told you so" for buying Seagate.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The 2011 Thailand floods knocked out the good factories, leaving Seagate to Steven Bradbury the HDD market for a good 10 months. I've got lots of seagate and toshiba's dead.

Oddjob

The 2011 Thailand floods knocked out the good factories, leaving Seagate to Steven Bradbury the HDD market for a good 10 months. I've got lots of seagate and toshiba's dead.
The Seagates lasted 10 months? Your clients should have bought lottery tickets.