What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Did you get the bike out and get all Danny Boy on the rock?
Years ago when #2 was in scouts they were doing a bike hike. I went along to increase the number of supervising (note not using the word responsible) adults and #1 came too. There were a couple of creek crossings and one had a rock just like that off the trail. We were spread out through the group. At the end of the ride one leader asked me if I saw anyone ride over the rock because there were three tyre tracks on it and surely it was dangerous to jump off it. Yep. Guilt as were #1 and #2.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Woke up in Melbourne feeling sorry for myself. Went for a ride, rode past this, punched myself in the nuts for feeling sorry for myself and now I feel much better. View attachment 365813
Brings back memories of towing a guy in his brand new boat back to the warmies ramp after he got stuck on that Yarra River rock wall at high tide. There was no way he was going get out and to try and push it off, just kept using the motor until he completely broke off all the blades on the prop and siezed the gear box.
Nice pic.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Brings back memories of towing a guy in his brand new boat back to the warmies ramp after he got stuck on that Yarra River rock wall at high tide. There was no way he was going get out and to try and push it off, just kept using the motor until he completely broke off all the blades on the prop and siezed the gear box.
Nice pic.
But how?

slowmick

38-39"
@mark22 - do people still fish at the hotties/warmies? spent many a freezing night/morning fishing/drowning one arm bandits there with my old man as a kid. Water might be warm but the wind was freezing.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
@mark22 - do people still fish at the hotties/warmies? spent many a freezing night/morning fishing/drowning one arm bandits there with my old man as a kid. Water might be warm but the wind was freezing.
They still fish there and the even weirder thing is that people take home and eat what they catch. For the out of towners, fish from the Yarra come with a health warning.

mark22

Likes Dirt
On the water subject, @Freediver Anh's Brush With Fame last night with Dr. Richard Harris who is the Aussie responsible for anethitizing the 12 kids plus coach from the Thai cave.

How must it feel to be putting those lives in such peril and shoulder the ultimate responsibility. Whilst doing something which had never been done before.
Success was from IMHO is our guys, the best cave divers in the world being the Poms and the Yanks not being in charge of the shootin match although kudos for their logistical support.
Link Iview

Freediver

I can go full Karen
On the water subject, @Freediver Anh's Brush With Fame last night with Dr. Richard Harris who is the Aussie responsible for anethitizing the 12 kids plus coach from the Thai cave.

How must it feel to be putting those lives in such peril and shoulder the ultimate responsibility. Whilst doing something which had never been done before.
Success was from IMHO is our guys, the best cave divers in the world being the Poms and the Yanks not being in charge of the shootin match although kudos for their logistical support.
Link Iview
Way above my pay grade.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
How must it feel to be putting those lives in such peril and shoulder the ultimate responsibility.
Aussie right? Probably just said "She'll be right mate!". :p

(It was a pretty amazing achievement in reality)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Under normal circumstances I'm sure shitting in an envelope and posting it to the government would give me great pleasure but when they asked for it, it just wasn't any fun.
You could have cut it up into shapes and sent it in multiple envelopes, like a lucky dip and a jigsaw?