What does your day look like?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Monday is THE best day to take off. Mind the gap and make sure you get chili, coriander and shallots - no skimping, y'hear.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Monday is THE best day to take off. Mind the gap and make sure you get chili, coriander and shallots - no skimping, y'hear.

I never skimp! Gotta have the good stuff.

Monday is a tricky day off. A lot of food+drink venues close early on Sunday nights (which is probably a good thing for wallet and body) and a bunch don't open on Mondays. But as a person that doesn't like a crowd it is a good day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that didn't quite go as planned...

I went into the city and rode around the harbour from Glebe to circular quay. I haven't done this since 2019! I rode a ferry because it was there. I ate a banh mi in Hornsby because that's what life is about. Then I swaggered over to the OMV trails. I haven't been there on anything other than a DJ/ss bike before so took the opportunity of being on my trail bike to ride a bit more of the trails, by accident. I took a wrong turn! So I did a loop down behind the quarry and came up at the dirt lumps. I noticed the ominous grey sky had changed while I was on the valley but persisted and attained 6 laps before the wind, thunder, lightening, and occasional rain drop got the better of me. Fuck it's sweaty work riding there as a storm is born! I am soaked.

The Schwalbe table top again proving themselves to be a very versatile tyre! No control issues while riding the loop and only slipped out under pressure twice while trying to power up the hill.

When did this place get so rocky?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I felt like I was fresh out of prison. Other than a brief visit just before the Christmas lock down I hadn't been to Sydney since 2019 (except transferring via the airport), and even longer than that since riding OMV. One day soon I'll hopefully get back to narra...I haven been there since I turned 40!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got the plasma cutter from the PO at lunch time today.

Had done a bit of pre-work though.

Fitted a new 20amp circuit breaker to my meter board and a 20amp power-point in the board.
Ordered a 100 piece set of consumables.
Watched about 4 hours of 'beginner plasma cutting' and the likes on YouTube.

Did a couple of practice cuts, ended up full 50amp setting and full 80psi of air (as advised online). My 25L compressor cycles quite a bit still.

Contrary to online saying that I will go through a load of consumables, 1 x tip cut the whole tool head. So my rush to buy a 100 spares pack was not required as the cutter came with 3 full sets of spares.

This was 5mm plate, first attempt at Plasma cutting, there's a few flaws and one of the tines on the outside is a little bit narrower that its mate on the other end but it came out ok.
Took about 15 minutes total to cut it out and about the same to grind the edges down. Making up a metal template would be gold as the cutter has a drag head and can be pulled around a template very easily.

Tool head weight is 1905g, still to weld on the handle sleeve and supports, will mount it and try it before making another.

After cutting - top. After grinding - bottom.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That's a heavy duty fork. You need to buy better quality steak!
My boys did the design with a few of my tweaks. We have about 4-5 different designs made, all are a hash of these 3 tool makers.

Will just have to try a few designs and a bit of trial and error.

A rake and hoe each for 3 people at between $120-$180 a tool, better for the kids to build their own and learn something.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
you just don't get it sometimes!..I would rather spend 4 times the amount buying the gear to make it myself than buy some mas produced rubbish!
I don't know...my Bunnings super rake has been pretty good. It spent almost a year burried in the bush and still whacks the weeds. Though it's predecessor did die from excessive clay mashing eventually.