What does your day look like?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I went for a ride yesterday for the first time in 6 months and it was awesome, hit 55kph massive smiles. Admittedly the ride was to the local micro brewery 3km down the highway. Check in if in the area for good food and brews.
https://www.brewmountains.com.au/

Today, I thought I could back up a 7km round trip road ride to the brewery with a trail ride but my ankle and leg said no. Apparently I need to get back to fitness and fully healed slowly. I'm getting fucking sad and missing the bush. Next weekend.
Well done.

Get dearest wifey to shuttle some?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Those of you playing at home may recall a post I made whereupon I bogged the zero turn mower. I gave the thing a cursory lookover but as it was muddy and dirty it was a very cursory lookover. Yesterday whilst mowering (again) an odd thing occurred. The mower seemed to get a bit stuck and when pressed tried to mount the deck. A quick reverse showed the deck was now disconnected from the mower chassis and something was awry. It was nigh on dark and the focus was to recover the bits. Dragged the deck out and drove the mower into the carport. Grabbed the tractor and picked up the deck with the fel and dropped it in the carport. Had a look at the manual and then found parts diagrams on line. Hmmm, looks like it just dropped the retaining pin on the front radius arm. Easy. Washed it all off this morning and found a crack or 17 in the deck where the rear supports mount. And those supports were a touch bent.

Couldn't get the grinder into the worst bits of the crack so I used the time honoured method of cranking up the welder to ensure adequate penetration. In fact in several places the penetration was about 150 to 200%!!

Anyway a bit of welding and it is functional if not pretty and back to mowering...

Minlak

custom titis
Total Tools have their Grand Opening in town today - If you buy $299 or more worth of stuff you get up to 20% back in tools (so I guess vouchers) but it is worded funny. They have free food and drinks and I do need some tools so will probably go for a look still. Could be the best time to get the big tool set I want its about $1500.
The advantage to buying tools you need when you need is you get what you need - The advantage to buying a set is price and you get the odd tool you might only use once but happen to have it when you need it - That and I love organised tools in the boxes.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Total Tools have their Grand Opening in town today - If you buy $299 or more worth of stuff you get up to 20% back in tools (so I guess vouchers) but it is worded funny. They have free food and drinks and I do need some tools so will probably go for a look still. Could be the best time to get the big tool set I want its about $1500.
The advantage to buying tools you need when you need is you get what you need - The advantage to buying a set is price and you get the odd tool you might only use once but happen to have it when you need it - That and I love organised tools in the boxes.
What's the tool set? Sounds dishy.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Tropical? It’s dry season m8! Enjoy the crisp nights.
Oh yeah. Its f***ing baltic in the evenings. Had to put on a shirt last night!

Incidentally Howard Springs is a great spot for aviation nerds what with it being (like everything in Darwin) a stones throw from the airport/RAAF base. So far I’ve seen some V-22 Ospreys, a couple of AH-1 Vipers, a couple of Aussie Eurocopter Tigers and -rarest of the rare - actual flying F35s!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Oh yeah. Its f***ing baltic in the evenings. Had to put on a shirt last night!

Incidentally Howard Springs is a great spot for aviation nerds what with it being (like everything in Darwin) a stones throw from the airport/RAAF base. So far I’ve seen some V-22 Ospreys, a couple of AH-1 Vipers, a couple of Aussie Eurocopter Tigers and -rarest of the rare - actual flying F35s!
Yeah it's an awesome spot. Howard springs is on the approach into Darwin so plenty of traffic. Some good noise and chemtrails:eek: when the b52 used to go over as well.
Speaking of tigers a few years ago they had to leave one on the side of the Stuart highway when it broke, which considering the amount of vehicle arson going on was pretty brave :D

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah it's an awesome spot. Howard springs is on the approach into Darwin so plenty of traffic. Some good noise and chemtrails:eek: when the b52 used to go over as well.
Speaking of tigers a few years ago they had to leave one on the side of the Stuart highway when it broke, which considering the amount of vehicle arson going on was pretty brave :D
haha! Getting flashbacks to a couple of years ago when an air ambulance landed in the middle of Phillip Island’s main road to attend a crash. Would have been a fairly hairy landing as it’s only one-lane in either direction and tree lined. This obviously shut down all traffic forcing a diversion through my housing estate.

Friends who work for the Ambos informed me that the crash wasn’t even that severe and the Air Ambulance wasn’t needed however they happened to have the film crew with them that day so it was hero time.

it probably also explains why they landed in the middle of the road instead of the literal f***ing heliport that was less than 500m down the road!

Last edited: