What does your day look like?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DSC05420.JPG
DSC05413.JPG
3rd photo is at the top of 'Follow me' mate.

Today looked like 200km of sunny beach views. My legs now feel tired!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get up early and head to cafe. Drink a lot of coffee. Ride across the park to an auction. Renovation required but liveable and in a hot suburb. Potential is there if I want it. Register to bid. Turns out I'm the only registered bidder. Make a low bid...win a bottle of champagne for being the first bidder. Auction fiasco goes on and down comes the hammer on my 1 bid. Of course I am a long way under the reserve, but the reserve is a fair bit unrealistic. We negotiate for half an hour and come to something of a standstill. I point out a similar sized property that only needs a few superficial touches is on offer for $30k less in a waterfront suburb that I've been negotiating on. I'm a bit cautious of over capitalising on this specific property. The vendor's position would put it too far up the neighbourhood rankings for my comfort and then renovations would see it at the top end.

Spend the day making calls. Ring my small number of advisors. It's like ringing myself and I'm not sure if that is good advice or bad advice. You know how it is: tell the agent to suck an onion and make the sale! Ring the agent managing alternative property. Baby sitting 4yo nephew. Throw rocks in the river. Play in the park. Bake a cake. Eat a cake. More phone calls. More nephew. Now he wants to sleep over...oh phew! The rest of his family have come to take him home. Oh the agent for the water is here to talk finer details. Now ive got a 4 and 2 year old climbing on me and an agent.

And I'm going to save the difference and live a by the harbour. Pulling out of the auction was rounghly "thanks for your efforts but I'm going to save $30k and live on the water."

I'll have a nice garage in the near future...guess I'll join that masculine thread of macho shed owners.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
At least you got in a ride across the park. Poodle needs a holiday already.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Welcome back to adulting.
Back? :noidea:
I'm so adult I'm semi-retired! A lot of older people living in my new 'hood, part of the gentrification trend of the last 20-30 years here has seen a lot of old folks move to the inner large country town. A fair chunk of land that was once wharf and warehouse has been converted to residential housing. The flow on from that is the neighbouring slums (such as my old suburb) have cleaned up a little too...all I know is that the older people in my new area aren't ready for their new neighbour.

I'll be about 30m from the water's edge. And one of the main cycleways of the town runs through there as well.

At least you got in a ride across the park. Poodle needs a holiday already.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Sunday...Sunday there will be riding.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm so adult I'm semi-retired! A lot of older people living in my new 'hood, part of the gentrification trend of the last 20-30 years here has seen a lot of old folks move to the inner large country town. A fair chunk of land that was once wharf and warehouse has been converted to residential housing. The flow on from that is the neighbouring slums (such as my old suburb) have cleaned up a little too...all I know is that the older people in my new area aren't ready for their new neighbour.

I'll be about 30m from the water's edge. And one of the main cycleways of the town runs through there as well.

Sunday...Sunday there will be riding.
Nice, now you get to whinge about V8 Supercars and live music establishments that have existed long before you considered moving in... if you complain persistently enough you may even get one shut down all though there aren't many left so I'm sure that accolade is closely coveted.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nice, now you get to whinge about V8 Supercars and live music establishments that have existed long before you considered moving in... if you complain persistently enough you may even get one shut down all though there aren't many left so I'm sure that accolade is closely coveted.
The latest in wowser wins? They are complaining that the area around Newcastle train station is dead at night. Did these people already forget they killed off the massive night life around there? Anyway that is being used as a basis for turning the old station into a hub of night life...expect something in 25 years.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Constructing a new half-height wall (garden bed) in front of the 1.8m retaining wall which was never built properly:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtb1611

Seymour
Not today, but Saturday.....went up with a mate who is racking up his flying hours, taking off from Camden Airport (60km southwest of Sydney CBD) and doing an hour over the Warragamba Dam catchment, the dam itself, Camden and surrounds, as well as a few touch and go's....great fun!
NB: can't upload pics as per previous forum so have had to attach them.

Attachments

Well I try not to think and I try not to listen to myself.

And then try not to re-live the damn thing at night, for an introvert who has a penchant for analysing shit it puts a few miles on the speedometer

scblack

Leucocholic
Got my xmas present for me: Lego Porsche GT3RS.

Can't wait to put it together. Natalie my 10year old daughter can't wait either as she's going to help me
Lego Porsche.jpg

scblack

Leucocholic
No, its a very nice orange. The lighting does not show it well.

Now I have to wait until xmas to open it.....o_O