What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had one of those nights where you fall asleep at 3am and sleep poorly. Felt really wrecked this morning - hydration and lack of caffeine I'm guessing as there is a lot of sweating going on.

Anyway after trying to kick over the engine I made it out into the sweltering hear and oppressive humidity. Rode across town to the butcher. I want orange dressed pork chops damn it and I'm going to get it. Arrive and fuck me! I forgot to load up on water and caffeine and I'm dying. Lucky there is a cafe a few doors down.

Sure this cafe probably has the highest wank factor in town, and there is some stiff competition for that! The coffee, despite all the wank, is lucky if it ever rates a 7/10, and usually hovers around 6. I lock my bike up and suddenly the wave of hunger hits. Never ship breakfast people!

And what a stroke of luck, right next door is a Chinese take away. I'd wager it has been around longer than I have and I've never noticed it before. Oh would you look at that...$7.50 and over 90 meal options! I thought I had nailed the cheapest, most awkward, and tastiest Chinese in town until today. Price is lower. Awkwardness is there...but different. I mean I haven't seen this guy taking a shit yet so who knows? There is a real strong eager streak where as my regular place feels like you have interrupted them just as they were getting tantric. Taste...it's close. Close enough that you wouldn't be upset or choose one over the other.

Anyway I took the 50c upgrade and indulged in fried rice with cashew beef for breakfast and am now drinking a 7.2/10 coffee. I think my day has peaked.

Attachments

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You’re just showing off your picture posting prowess .

Which coffee shop btw? I’m feeling Llewellyn st with the Chinese next door.

My day - bought a bottomless portafilter the other day, worst thing I ever did, now I can see why some coffees are shot and other s good, but I still can’t get it right all the time.....frustrating

Dales cannon - I’ve heard if you feed it avocado it ll change colours

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Which coffee shop btw? I’m feeling Llewellyn st with the Chinese next door.

My day - bought abottomless portafilter theother day, worst thing Iever did, now I can see why some coffees are shot andother s good, but I still can’t get it right all the time.....frustrating
Locomotive, mayfield. So much wank. Chemistry theme as well, may fit in with your pharmacharm.

Backless is a love-hate thing. You running a domestic machine? If so, you'll never achieve the same results as a commercial machine. The machinery inside is too different.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Running diadema junior plus e61 group domestic

Might have to try new burrs in the grinder, plus maybe get a tamper that fits better - who knows.

Mayfield I keep away from- welsh blacks is till one of the few places I never get disappointed , but at 6 am, one from my own is better than 95% of espresso shops, but I seek the 1%. :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Walsh blacks do a good brew. The quest is never ending and the majority of dealers are mediocre at best. The locative crew have just opened another in town near the Uni. One of their locations is worth a visit just for the wanking.

A quick google tells me you have chosen a nice machine. Did you get the lever or button operated version? It took a bit of digging but I'll wager the key to your flavour lies in the pump pressure. Generally home machines (your's included) run about 15bar or pressure which is a lot more than a commercial machine. My wild guess is slow the flow rate down (finer grind, firmer tamp, adjust dose). With the e61 group you'll have a good opportunity to experiment with different basket sizes which may add some depth to your extractions. And get a rad tamp! A really rad one. At home I love the cobra tamper.

If you have the lever version play around with your infusion time as well.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I’ll ask Santa for a Tampa

When I slow it, you get diarrhoea spray effect all over the inside of the cup. It’s locking in at 7 o’clock, so maybe need the thinner seal, but I have no idea if that’s at fault, also thinking about getting a precision basket. Might drop past Bartolis next week and do my wife’s Christmas shopping for her

Oh, it’s lever of course, assume you mean letting it soak for a few extra seconds first , it reads at 10 or 11 at the grouphead on the pressure

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Infusion = how long you let the water soak in it before you pour out the shot. With a lever machine you should have pretty good control over that. Temperature is really important as well. If the water isn't hot enough you'll find it runs through fast and shitty. Though your boiler is pretty close to the basket, so shouldn't be of too much concern.

I'll shoot you a pm with some ideas.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Floors are nearly done:

Painters turned up yesterday:

I still can’t believe how fast, precise & tidy professional painters are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
85mm spotted gum, hidden fixings. New leveling battens over the top of the existing pine boards.

Feels awesome to walk over, so bloody solid.

Floor finishers turn up Monday.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
While I’m throwing photos up, this is an access track at the top of the hill above my place that’s the start of our trails:

Always love the feel of this area, the trees are awesome.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
85mm spotted gum, hidden fixings. New leveling battens over the top of the existing pine boards.

Feels awesome to walk over, so bloody solid.

Floor finishers turn up Monday.
Very nice. Have you decided how you want them finished? Do the boards mate up to the tiles alright?

Last year I did some labouring (very poorly might add!) for a mate that does floors. There was a few big days of unloading in there...left me wrecked! I felt so weak the whole time while my boss operated with the power of a bear. One of the places was about 250m2, which was bigger than my entire block of land at the time. It is not work for which I am designed.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Some sort of water based Tung Oil concoction, I’m letting them decide. Apparently you can refinish it without a lot of prep work.

Timber meets tile perfectly:

Combination of planning & luck!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is quite abrupt with the pretty tiles. But not offensive. I look forward to the finished product.

I was surprised how smooth the boards were off the truck.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Most of the timber/turquoise tile transition will be underneath a 2m long kitchen island bench so it’s not as obvious as that. Plus, the colour rendering in that photo isn’t indicative of reality.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sneaky.

Reading the smh and they have some stats on nsw. Good to live in one of the fattest areas with some of the best access to green space. I assume we aren't really using that green space well...

Attachments

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
More progress. New garden retaining wall plus blade wall near entrance done:

To be core filled soon, heaps of steel within. And the old wall can stay & stop falling over.

Two young blockworkers (one is my builder mate’s nephew) - 7 hours from go to whoa. $800 for the labour. Shit is cheap when you know the good guys...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I like it. Gives the house a holiday vibe.

Wake up. Stagger to coffee. Ride to bakery for a pie. Chug up the hill to trail build day. Work on trying to make the dirt lumps into dirt jumps. Lots of wheel barrow loads. Good crew of workers. Got everything packed in and time for testing came about.

Send the first jump. Pump over the pimple. Charge up the second jump. Go over the bars and into a dive roll. Roll down the lander with the bike trying to ride me...turns out that kicker was still pretty boggy and I buried my tyre in real deep! Had a huge crowd to cheer me on.

Lucky I didn't get busted up and spent a few hours sessioning the jumps and fine tuning. Pretty pleased with the outcome.