What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well it started out like too many other days so far this season...clear blue skies and no fresh snow. So did a long lap out wide though a pine forest on mixed quality snow. I was regretting my cold cautious outfit choices for a while as it was pretty warm work. We came across a family of snow monkeys as we were coming back into the ski field which was pretty cool. Then come lunch time it turned to pure chaos! A mighty storm opened up! By the time lifts closed there was about 30cm of fresh snow on the ground and big gusts of wind. Train lines are shut off and I had to help reroute a client bound for Tokyo. The relief expressed by my accommodation partners when she realised he was flying at 9am tomorrow not 9am tonight could have its own post code.

I am expecting a pretty deep day tomorrow, finally. I've only been here 16 days, but by now I've normally swam through quite a few metres of snow and barely seen the sun. Currently only had 5 days of fresh snow and 6 days of quality leftovers. I may even have a bit of a tan!

IMG_20230124_163432903~2.jpg

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
the best day hike I have done to date...how was your scree running?..did you eat shit and faceplant like many do
I was pretty cautious on that descent after watching someone do just that and several near misses from some fairly lengthy tumbles. Having said that, anyone not in hiking boots seemed to have no choice but to run down it and roll the dice. How'd you go?

Was pretty amusing blitzing all the oldies on the climbs then once the scree arrived they just waltzed past with their trekking poles out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Tomorrow is looking set for a big one!
I was not wrong...we have dug the front door out twice this morning. We dug it out twice last night. Walk to the shed this morning was knee deep, about 2 hours after it had been cleared. There was a whole bunch of big snow slides off the roof overnight. The neighbour's infamous car that never moves (for like 5 years it was a yellow land cruiser, now it's a blue rav) is almost completely burried and he cleared it out yesterday afternoon. Once again the last week of January Has delivered the goods.

Now if the lift line could just get a bit of pace on I'd be up the hill rather than drinking a coffee!

Stand upright? Sounds good?
Stairs...stairs I'm walking like a drunk sailor. Everything else is as normal as I get.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I was not wrong...we have dug the front door out twice this morning. We dug it out twice last night. Walk to the shed this morning was knee deep, about 2 hours after it had been cleared. There was a whole bunch of big snow slides off the roof overnight. The neighbour's infamous car that never moves (for like 5 years it was a yellow land cruiser, now it's a blue rav) is almost completely burried and he cleared it out yesterday afternoon. Once again the last week of January Has delivered the goods.

Now if the lift line could just get a bit of pace on I'd be up the hill rather than drinking a coffee!

Stairs...stairs I'm walking like a drunk sailor. Everything else is as normal as I get.
Have a great holiday, you don't deserve it ;)