What does your day look like?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This was what last night looked like. Ms Foxie x went for an explore along a reserve/drain beside my work whilst conveniently not listening to either myself or the missus :mad:

I had a pure foxy as a kid. Little bugger pissed of on a walk in the Vic high country. Had to give up looking for her as it was getting dark and went back to camp. She turned up at camp again a few hours later!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
This was what last night looked like. Ms Foxie x went for an explore along a reserve/drain beside my work whilst conveniently not listening to either myself or the missus :mad:

That looked like me Saturday afternoon.

Transfer pump wasn't lifting the water out of the channel and the only way to check the pipe wasn't blocked was to jump in. Because there was no fucking way I could lower myself in. I doubt the water temp was above single digits.

And the pipe wasn't blocked anyway.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I had a pure foxy as a kid. Little bugger pissed of on a walk in the Vic high country. Had to give up looking for her as it was getting dark and went back to camp. She turned up at camp again a few hours later!
Yeah I think Pippy would do the same. I'm still not taking her camping on king's b'day weekend this year though!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had planned a ride...got the "can you come in for a bit?" call. It was from the team I like working with at the beach side venue...where I would normally work alone...and apparently they were properly stuck. So I decided to head in. Well fuck me if the boss didn't turn up! Thought since I had done them a favour they would come and help me kick it over.

Anyway I saw my first whale of the season busting up about 200m off shore. Then I saw a bunch more! I think there was maybe 10 of them out there showing off. It was very cool.

The sunset across town was also rather pretty.

IMG20230530165313~2.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I took a train ride to a small country town that was recently the subject of much bike froth. Perhaps it was a midweek thing, but I reckon they have passed peak bike. Still I enjoyed the trails on offer and ambience of the village while I was there.

I did have a slight problem about 200m into my final decent...

IMG20230531170250~4.jpg

The cunt of a thing betrayed me in the middle of a berm. Luckily it was my inside foot at the time of dislodgement! I felt I was really railing this series of corners and suddenly my foot was not where it should be.

An inspection indicates that the pedal body forced it's way over the nut which secures the pedal body to the axle. The was no option for trail side repairs and a much inhibited finish to the day and awkward ride back to the train station.

This is the first time I have broken a pedal in such a way! These blackapire nylotrax have aerfed me very well.

Lucaw

Next in line
I took a train ride to a small country town that was recently the subject of much bike froth. Perhaps it was a midweek thing, but I reckon they have passed peak bike. Still I enjoyed the trails on offer and ambience of the village while I was there.

I did have a slight problem about 200m into my final decent...

View attachment 400018

The cunt of a thing betrayed me in the middle of a berm. Luckily it was my inside foot at the time of dislodgement! I felt I was really railing this series of corners and suddenly my foot was not where it should be.

An inspection indicates that the pedal body forced it's way over the nut which secures the pedal body to the axle. The was no option for trail side repairs and a much inhibited finish to the day and awkward ride back to the train station.

This is the first time I have broken a pedal in such a way! These blackapire nylotrax have aerfed me very well.
I cracked the bolt on mine, causing much the same thing to occur

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I cracked the bolt on mine, causing much the same thing to occur
I love these pedals, they are on all my bikes. I previously ran nuke proof and fire eye nylons and have also had deity. This is the first time I have experienced such a thing in many years.

I have some unused dmr vaults and spank something somethings in the garage that I wasn't excited by the shape of. But it might be time for me to get back on metal pedals. Fucking grams are going to slow me down!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I love these pedals, they are on all my bikes. I previously ran nuke proof and fire eye nylons and have also had deity. This is the first time I have experienced such a thing in many years.

I have some unused dmr vaults and spank something somethings in the garage that I wasn't excited by the shape of. But it might be time for me to get back on metal pedals. Fucking grams are going to slow me down!

/End thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I like a big fat block, it's those cut off corners from axle to front/rear edge that shits me. It feels like my foot is rolling off the outer edge. Will work the vaults for a bit and see if I can adapt.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I like a big fat block, it's those cut off corners from axle to front/rear edge that shits me. It feels like my foot is rolling off the outer edge. Will work the vaults for a bit and see if I can adapt.
I know what you mean, but these feel squarer underfoot than they look. They're also decently wide which lessens that perched on the edge sensation.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you tried the OneUp composites? Good for block flippers.
I haven't, but they do look like some cheapies I picked up off eBay a while back that were comfy for the one ride I took on them before I bent one and also the crank bros composite. That's not to say the one-up aren't good, they're a reputable brand! Good size too 115x105 is a big platform. Is the 115 the back to front or side to side width? The nylotrax is 105x105 and just felt right the first moment I put a foot on them.