What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thanks guys. It's happening pretty swiftly. Registrations, insurances, banking, hardware and software etc. Got people wanting to know when I'm available. A big risk financially up front but if it goes ok for a few years I'll be very happy and satisfied knowing at least I had a go.
It takes time but dont try and rush.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Brake bleed kit finally arrived, I've been using an automotive vacuum pump for years but decided it can get a bit messy bleeding the brakes on the bike with it

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No reason why plastic wont last with either dot fluid or mineral oil. I find the syringes are the bits that screws up with the plunger seal swelling. Syringes from the vet are better and bigger.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The plastic looked very soft when I screwed it into the Syringe end, like it will cross thread very easily.

I've used a few of the vet Syringes to measure hydraulic oil for suspension and the seals eventually go like jelly too. The two stroke mixing Syringes without a rubber seal I find are the best but the plunger can get a bit tight in the body as well. These syringes from the kit have replaceable o rings so hopefully they last a while.

stirk

Burner
@Chriso_29er we had a nice storm up here too, the highlight was this unusual digital sounding crack that made me and my daughter look at each other with bewildered expressions right before the lightning and thunder hit. A split second of what the fuck was that noise and boom!

The strike was so close the thunder was just an echo down the valley for 30 seconds.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The plastic looked very soft when I screwed it into the Syringe end, like it will cross thread very easily.

I've used a few of the vet Syringes to measure hydraulic oil for suspension and the seals eventually go like jelly too. The two stroke mixing Syringes without a rubber seal I find are the best but the plunger can get a bit tight in the body as well. These syringes from the kit have replaceable o rings so hopefully they last a while.
If the syringes use standard o-rings on the plunger, get epdm orings off eBay out of Europe. I paid 4-6 bucks with postage for a half dozen. EPDM is dot fluid safe.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love a good thunderstorm, we were sitting in the backyard with a beverage waiting for it to hit but not a drop, where were you?
I'm out in Chirnside/Wonga park.
I was driving home as it hit @creaky , but just checked the car after it dried out and all ok. No damage @hifiandmtb just lost our lower bbq area for a while lol and half the garden washed onto to the pavers.
Creek at the end of my street was just starting to go over the road, so glad I got home when I did.
@stirk yeah had a great crack of lightning, felt like it struck the ground just out the front. The last time I heard it like that there was an unfortunate fatality not far from here, a couple watching a storm coming in over the Yarra valley were struck.

Last edited: