What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner
If the syringes use standard o-rings on the plunger, get epdm orings off eBay out of Europe. I paid 4-6 bucks with postage for a half dozen. EPDM is dot fluid safe.
Thanks for the info link, the kit comes with spares and they don't look like standard (compound) o rings but most likely in the near future I'll need to replace them.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seems I was a little hasty in my damage assessment from yesterdays storm!
Bike shed skylight and my back pagola now look like this :( Didn't notice last night.
Luckily wifes car was in the garage, but not sure how my car managed to dodge it as I drove home.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Pretty minor really, no big deal. Was probably overdue for a spruce up anyway.
If you stand on the old sheet just make sure you are over a beam so when you fall through you nut yourself, only joking ;).

At least you've had some rain down there I haven't had a good drenching here for a while, it just goes over us and dumps on the next suburbs.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Headed out to a gymkhana at Lakeside Park. Nothing exotic and nothing special but it was a good event. Had I known it was on early enough I would have entered the XR4 for its shakedown run. Commonsense prevailed in the heat and driving suits were not mandatory. I doubt anyone got much over 60kph on the tight track. Didn't stop a few people having excursions or the odd bit of oversteer though.

stirk

Burner
Haha, awesome pics Dale, only fourby's should be lifting wheels like that!

The mini is cocking a leg to take a pee.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
A quiet day at work and I was getting bored, so I had a play on the router and made some interlocking chairs.

The finishing on these is going to be a bitch, there's a whole lot of edges to aris, sand then wax/seal...any tips on finish would be appreciated, I was thinking just a satin wipe on poly.

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I get to see some pretty cool things doing land surveying, just the creativity people have in doing things around their homes is awesome. This tree fell across a creek on a client's property. They turned it into the coolest bridge.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I get to see some pretty cool things doing land surveying, just the creativity people have in doing things around their homes is awesome. This tree fell across a creek on a client's property. They turned it into the coolest bridge.
Did the same thing when I was a boy at my grandparents farm. A flood took out the dodgy footbridge and my father and an uncle dropped a tree across the gully. No chainsaws. Then used an adze to level the top and cut stairs. Always a cool idea.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Is there a bit that will pinch an errant nut?
Christ, I didn't even consider that.

I shall do a *tentative test tomorrow, the spacing between the slats is pretty small and there should be no movement between the intersecting pieces as I've only given a 0.5mm tolerance.

* still unfinished and the edges are sharp as, I really don't want to be tweezing ply splinters from the love spuds.

Last edited: