What does your day look like?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
My emissions have been a bit low lately, time for a plane ride.

I’m being punished by having to do it at an ungodly hour ...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Two days ago I had an oncoming car cross over the double yellow and join me in my lane. Had to take extreme evasive action and use up all of the road verge to effectively make an extra lane. There was only centimeters in it. I always left foot brake and cover the brake when on oncoming car is approaching. I also drift left in my lane to give me as much room as possible. All of this contributed to avoiding a very bad head on.

Also, although I find the AMG stuff on the Merc a bit of a wank, particularly in Oz with our pedestrian speed limits, I can honestly say the big rubber, brakes and suspension are good to have when you need them.

Stay safe out there folks and drive defensively.
I had a puckering moment in the Alfa with a logging truck oncoming around a corner on a narrow highlands highway in tassie - high end tyres and a super capable chassis are indeed NOT gimmicks...

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Are you going to be able to wash the stains out of the driver's seat?
Fortunately there wasn't time to actually shit myself. It was such a butt clenching moment that there was more chance of laying an arse diamond.

What's weird is that I have no idea what the driver looked like. Once that front wheel crossed the center line it had my undivided attention. I can remember trying to divine how fast they were crossing on to my side and how much room remained.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There are a few AMG's and Audi's with the full 'brappp, brappp' kit installed that pass by at stupid speeds quite regularly.
Also, although I find the AMG stuff on the Merc a bit of a wank, particularly in Oz with our pedestrian speed limits, I can honestly say the big rubber, brakes and suspension are good to have when you need them.
There are quite a few AMG's and Audi RS's with the full exhaust 'brapppp, brappp' kit installed around here.

It is comforting to know that the crash protection from a schwanky Euro car will save said cashed up bogan / middle eastern staff car when wrapped around a tree at warp speed.

Stay safe out there folks and drive defensively.
It is the only way in the 1.3l auto Jimny :)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
There are a few AMG's and Audi's with the full 'brappp, brappp' kit installed that pass by at stupid speeds quite regularly...
What's even dumber than that is the current trend of crackling/popping engine tunes. So obnoxious. The car equivalent of harley's with their "look at me, look at me" exhausts.

There's two types of car safety. Primary safety is about how well the car can stop you getting into an accident, and secondary safety is how safe the car is in an accident. You want a car that scores highly in both categories, but the problem with high primary safety is that you might be tempted to drive everywhere quicker because the car feels "safer" and that means you're more likely to need your car's secondary safety.

Years ago there was a study on driver behaviour and it concluded that the roads would be alot safer if car's had a spike coming out of the steering wheel.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Depends on your definition of essential...
absolutely necessary; extremely important.

"it is essential to keep up-to-date records"

synonyms:crucial, necessary, key, vital, indispensable, needed, required, called for, requisite, important, all-important, vitally important, of the utmost importance, of great consequence, of the essence, critical, life-and-death, imperative, mandatory, compulsory, obligatory, compelling, urgent, pressing, burning, acute, paramount, pre-eminent, high-priority, significant, consequential
"it is essential to remove all the old plaster"

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
What's even dumber than that is the current trend of crackling/popping engine tunes. So obnoxious. The car equivalent of harley's with their "look at me, look at me" exhausts.
Have to agree there. There is special type of person that needs a look at me car or bike.

Years ago there was a study on driver behaviour and it concluded that the roads would be alot safer if car's had a spike coming out of the steering wheel.
Yes, the Tulloch Device. It would make the world a safer place but promoting careful driving and despatching stupid people that think they are better than it from the gene pool nice and quickly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've never travelled for a meeting that couldn't be easily and more efficiently dealt with by phone and email.
Have to agree, mostly. Even more so with remote meeting software like Zoom, Webex and Skype etc.
People still like face to face meetings though.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I digress
its very hard to truly capture the feeling over skype and the like when telling your boss to jam his job sideways up his rectal cavity though.
Also more difficult to hold a conference call in your underwear if video is involved. If you boss is at the other end of Skype call and not in the same room then you are winning already.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I've never travelled for a meeting that couldn't be easily and more efficiently cancelled.
...improved that for you

Sitting having a coffee at 2C watching the bush camp empty of those heading to the big red bash. We are leaving today too, heading south for the winter... luckily the weather will be good...

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Anything changed in there? I was in there before the RFS did their hazard reductions and I've been avoiding it (procrastinating).
There's the usual asbestos uncovered by the burn off but the trails are great except for the ruddy dog shit everywhere.