What does your day look like?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Is that both your cars gone @Haakon?

Soo, can I legally drive this across to the windscreen place? I did drive it home.....

View attachment 359143
The Megane is fucked. No back window, taillights and headlights smashed. Not even remotely legal.

Alfa only lost the right rear door window and has a badly cracked windscreen, worse than yours. I’m going to drive it, otherwise we have no wheels at all.

I think the police will be lenient for a while given the circumstances... And I’m not going to spend money on a screen before the assessor has given the verdict. I’m assuming it’s gone, I’ve already got onto the Alfa dealer in Melbourne to chase up a replacement - he’d already had a call from Canberra someone lost their one month old Guilia.

It’s two years old though, so no new for old and well have to top it up.

Fucking expensive day, reckon I’m down at 8k today.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Fucking expensive day, reckon I’m down at 8k today.
Fark mate, you really copped it badly. I got quite lucky, the panels got a fair bit less damage than yours, windscreen has only got one crack, which is a group of circular cracks coming downwards from the impact mark, so it's driveable.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
repairable writeoff though?...that is if you can live with a car that now resembles a golfball
the insurance companies must be at breaking point right about now.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I spent the day helping fit gumbo mthonster mudders to beadlock rims and I thought i had a shit day. Hang in there guys. Through some hail stones back up, made me feel better when the gts got hammered.

stirk

Burner
As indication of how hard the hits were - this is a super strong part for the car, it would take a bit swing with a cricket bat to do this!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200120/318edb8ebc1fc5cd0ce2017a270e52a1.jpg
Fek that's bad. That perfectly round dent is quite impressive. Shame cause you always lose in these events and if they repair the Alfa I bet that cracking noise returns!!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
At least insurance shareholders are betting against CC occurring.

Unless they are fucking stupid.
While the shareholders and investment funds holding insurance industry stock are fucking stupid, the insurance industry sure as shit knows cc is real, they plowed millions of dollars into research decades ago and whole heartedly believe it’s real. It’s quite at odds with other serious, billion dollar industries, they will fire staff at a senior level who suggest cc is a hoax.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that looks like a shit day for a few of you. @Haakon I can't believe you're talking Alfa again!

I guess the drought is over?

Plenty of snow here today! Knee deep and fluffy in the trees all day long. Ankle deep mud a the bottom.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Well that looks like a shit day for a few of you. @Haakon I can't believe you're talking Alfa again!

I guess the drought is over?

Plenty of snow here today! Knee deep and fluffy in the trees all day long. Ankle deep mud a the bottom.
Its been a really good car once I stopped letting the dealers near it! Kirsty loves it. I'm terrified about what theyre going to offer as a payout though :(

The megane makes me really sad, I've had it for 13 years and I'm quite fond of it. Its not worth much (hence the third party only) but its a really good car. And I literally filled the tank up yesterday dammit!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Black car is mine, $3k car with only 3rd party as it's just the "Dad's work car". The Forester was under cover. Trashed are:

Windscreen, mirrors, light covers, etc. Car looks like a golf ball. Don't want to get rid of it, only bought it t6 months back.

Looks like I'm going to be driving a butt-ugly car for a while.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Looks heartbreaking fellas. I got lucky. The storms all missed me. There's a monster 10- 15 km North moving towards the coast now, that just chilled the air, but clear sky here.