What does your day look like?

tobbogonist

a registered member
I would do some questionable things to hang with wombats. Such cool creatures. Very cool what you guys do!
So rewarding. Baby wombats are amazing, like little bulldozers. They sleep for 23.5 hours, then run flat out for half an hour and reset.
Where abouts are you situated? There are wildlife carers all over Australia who are always happy to have some help/show people around.

slowmick

38-39"
Fucking awesome.
  1. My daughter has recovered from her gastro/tummy bug which had her emptying in all directions. My wife and i seemed to have missed it. Touch wood.
  2. Pulled the cranks out of my hard tail and it seems the axle survived the bearing collapse yesterday
  3. My rear shock returned from NS Dynamics ready for the Trans NZ at the end of the week. Was afraid it was lost in the Australia Post Vortex.
Did I mention I am on holidays for 3 weeks and the company may or may not be there when i get back? Guess that would solve my do I / don't I need a new job dilemmas.

stirk

Burner

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube

FigBo0T

It's absolutely pelting down in the mountains @FigBo0T good luck crossing the bridge tomorrow! Water flows downhill right?
I'm on the East side, but I thought the same. We had a good dump this arvo too. Creeks all blew out again ..... we shall see ...

FigBo0T

what is Waragamba sitting at now?
3 days ago it was at 42%. It hit 63% two days ago. Article below says it hit 71% today.
After tonight, it will be up to around 80, I assume. The drought saved us!

The Minister for Western Sydney Stuart Ayres has warned that residents in the Hawkesbury-Nepean region would have "been in a lot of trouble" had the city's main dam been closer to capacity.

Using the wild weekend weather to defend the NSW government's plan to raise the Warragamba Dam wall, Mr Ayres said communities escaped a severe flood because of the drought.

stirk

Burner
3 days ago it was at 42%. It hit 63% two days ago. Article below says it hit 71% today.
After tonight, it will be up to around 80, I assume. The drought saved us!

Here is an interesting article about the flood plains and dam wall raising.

More water at rage levels for a growing Sydney is a good thing to store but may not reduce flood risk.

Raising the dam wall = MOAR WATER and false security.