What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner

stirk

Burner
Raising the dam wall mitigates some flood risk during certain rare weather events but more importantly stores more water for a fast growing population. More desal or alt solutions required to sustain Sydney with any certainty from drought periods.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
They try and hold onto the water too long because of all the stress of water consumption and then realise when it's too late they need to dump water. Happen in Brisbane a few years ago.
If you're talking about Wivenhoe (sp) in 2011 they weren't dumping it faster than it was coming in. The dam above it was overflowing and it has its own huge catchment. The tail end of a cyclone hitting a trough was going to make it biblical proportions from the start.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If you're talking about Wivenhoe (sp) in 2011 they weren't dumping it faster than it was coming in. The dam above it was overflowing and it has its own huge catchment. The tail end of a cyclone hitting a trough was going to make it biblical proportions from the start.
Where did they think the flood water above it would end up, you could see the big inland flood for weeks prior and now they've put in a submission to raise the walls of Wivenhoe.
Armidale. Poor thing looks very out of place, it will be rescued in the morning and taken home!

Gluten for punishment, sorry I just had to.

stirk

Burner
Because someone at the dealer thought they could sell it in Armidale... No is the answer!
I've noticed the sports cars favoured in country towns are old lancers or subis with huge spoilers and big 'mufflers' just waiting to get ripped off by the big ridge that forms in the middle of the road. Not to mention the dirt roads often driven as they can be shortcuts.

A fancy Italian car will just get it's sump ripped off.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately had birds eye view watching one women ruin another's and her own day!
Was stopped at a red light in the middle lane when the commodore blew through on the left of me at about 70km/h and caught the rear of the murano heading through on a green. Spinning it backwards into the pole.
Helped get the very dazed women out of the murano, calm her down and called her husband for her.
Thankfully no real injuries other than a sore hip.
I don't know how the hell someone doesn't see a red light that had 4 other cars already stopped at it!

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Humans are not really meant to pilot motor vehicles.

Three thousand three hundred people died in motor vehicle accidents yesterday.
Three thousand three hundred people died in motor vehicle accidents the day before.
Three thousand three hundred people died in motor vehicle accidents the day before that.

Yet we think terrorism & the Corona virus are our biggest threats.