What does your day look like?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
We watched the local airport 10 km away get clobbered twice by two different storms...then we got a sunshower. It was a very pretty sunshower. 0.4 mm. Airport scored 62 mm...

Airport now has 110mm on our place for February alone...and we've had average rain.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
. And shit whisky
It's Australia...we only make shit whisky, not shit hot.

Surprise...more snow activities today. Last couple of days have been moving arond and trying a few new places. Thee was also some insistent gents from Tokyo with sake + whisky...very kind fellows.

Now it's raining. Rain is the opposite of snow. Tomorrow will be a challenge.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I was lying on the loungeroom floor last night watching dumb movies around midnight and this crawled across in front of me. As far as I can tell it is a common house spider but... but it is very large for a house spider. 60mm across the legs when the house spider is supposed to get to 20mm or so. Totally non agressive and I caught it and set it free this morning. For reference those boards on the table are 150mm wide.

I know it is not a funnel web or anything nasty but it did give me a bit of a shock walking past my nose.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Photo was no good, but arrived at work to at least a dozen mozzies trying to get into the car. Could see them through the windows. Didn’t want to get out (maybe more reasons than just the mozzies)

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Farkin lightning again. Just stood outside for 5 minutes watching the show (like a movie scene, not realistic) and had another simultaneous flash/bang bastard. Scared the shite out of me and my poor puppy. We collided trying to get back inside .... It's headed East for the city as far as I can tell.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Farkin lightning again. Just stood outside for 5 minutes watching the show (like a movie scene, not realistic) and had another simultaneous flash/bang bastard. Scared the shite out of me and my poor puppy. It's headed East for the city as far as I can tell.
Plenty of lightning and biblical rain overhead in the 'burb's now too. Trails won't be drying up anytime soon.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Plenty of lightning and biblical rain overhead in the 'burb's now too. Trails won't be drying up anytime soon.
I just went for a 45 minute drive in it. Picked up my kid from her work and dropped her home. It's nasty out there. Trees down, power outages, minor flooding all over the NW. I have to a full lap of the metropolis in a couple of hours :(

Attachments

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
It's a bit of a mess to be honest. Yesterday there was a couple of centimetres of sand and gravel topping on the road around our front gate. Now we are truly down to road base! We think we got 70 mm but it's a bit hard to tell as the rain gauge blew apart...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's a bit of a mess to be honest. Yesterday there was a couple of centimetres of sand and gravel topping on the road around our front gate. Now we are truly down to road base!
That is oddly similar to hear...after around 2 weeks of a return of winter - lots of snow (about 3.5m in 14 days at the base...) And cold temps, it was a few days of +5 deg and sinshine, then rain, then freeze, then a lot of snow for 1 day, then a lot of wind and cold. Now the mountain I'm at feels like concrete with a very fine dusting of beautiful dry powder and in some spots the grass!
Views are lovely though.

I've never had a goggle tan, not once even close, but this season I think it's a real chance.