What does your day look like?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep. Same here. Guess who owns that land ....
It grows like wild fire with a bit of rain but bloody Brits with their flower hedge fences back in the day spread that shit.
You got to be careful with the crap if you cut it down, the bits you break off can grow again and the shit needs to be sprayed.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Same same I reckon. Neat glyphosate on cut stems knocks it back but doesnt kill it. Digging out and burning is about the only option. I cleared my place but now have a dozen outcrops. Birds shit the seeds out I think. Anyway not pleasant smoke can cause breathing problems. Horrid shit. There are other woody weed killers that work but that is nasty shit.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Same same I reckon. Neat glyphosate on cut stems knocks it back but doesnt kill it. Digging out and burning is about the only option. I cleared my place but now have a dozen outcrops. Birds shit the seeds out I think. Anyway not pleasant smoke can cause breathing problems. Horrid shit. There are other woody weed killers that work but that is nasty shit.
blackberries are rhizomal, so essentially have sectional root systems and will put down roots wherever the branch touches the ground, thus making them extremely hard to kill. using even high doses of Glypho wont kill off an entire mature plant, only a few "sections of it" thus why they resprout.

There's a few off the shelf blackberry sprays that work ok, but due to the waxy nature of the leaf most water based sprays lack penetration (as do I) but mixing them with kerosene will often do the job.

Commercial sprays do work but are expensive and will often poison the soil as well. There is no great solution to any of these noxious woody weeds other than persistence. In my gardening days we would simply cut and pull them out as best as possible, and treat the shoots as they appeared with a 3x recommeded dose of glypho and continue doing that for a year or two. works same for gorse etc.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Everyone seems to be rating the star ward stuff now it's had some time to develop and they got plenty of time under their belts for true scotch and Japanese stuff from their travels.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well it was the end of winter and the last day on snow. Over 1m of snow reported in the last 7 days (85cm in previous 2 days), ski fields practically empty, and blue skies to finish the season off...so I spent most of the day waist deep in day old powder. Some spots were a bit heavy in the afternoon but there was still plenty of good stuff in the shaded areas. Fresh tracks right through to my last run.

I just can't wait to get home...

IMG_20200229_115824107~8.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Everyone seems to be rating the star ward stuff now it's had some time to develop and they got plenty of time under their belts for true scotch and Japanese stuff from their travels.
Starward is ok. I've tried a few and not been upset. But...I do generally think Australian whisky is shit.

stirk

Burner
Watching the cops book J walkers. 4 cops on Liverpool and George St intersection, highly visible and one after another people are getting booked. These people's eyes must be painted on!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Watching the cops book J walkers. 4 cops on Liverpool and George St intersection, highly visible and one after another people are getting booked. These people's eyes must be painted on!
Are they crossing the tram (train) tracks? Or is it just general gouging?

stirk

Burner
Are they crossing the tram (train) tracks? Or is it just general gouging?
Crossing the tracks. I spoke briefly to one of the caps later and while he was pissed off with so many people blindly walking across the road right in front of the cops it highlights two things.

1. People walk about with no awareness or care of their surroundings.
  2. They are not aware of the rules.

I noted more warnings were being given out than actual tickets which is good or bad whichever side of that fence you're on.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Crossing the tracks. I spoke briefly to one of the caps later and while he was pissed off with so many people blindly walking across the road right in front of the cops it highlights two things.

1. People walk about with no awareness or care of their surroundings.
  2. They are not aware of the rules.
I noted more warnings were being given out than actual tickets which is good or bad whichever side of that fence you're on.
A lot of people in that area are going to be tourists. Might take a while to make any impact.

stirk

Burner
A lot of people in that area are going to be tourists. Might take a while to make any impact.
A French sounding lady asked me what the cops were doing. When I told her she said she's never heard of jaywalking.

The cops could make $1M a week from George St. I think they must be on an awareness drive more than revenue.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
I was pinged for jaywalking in Brisbane with about four other guys I was working with. We were rushing to make the train home and ran across the road on a flashing red. I think it was like $60 and we missed our train. Wasn't stoked.