What does your day look like?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Yeah, fond memories of riding red rattlers home from school, with the doors you could manually open while the train was in motion and stand there half in and half out of the carriage. Always a bit of a buzz.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ooohh....parked near the intercity train toilet block up's the dodgy scale.
Not true! Toilet in opposite end. This would have been the guard's or driver's compartment in the old days. That part of the compartment is now all sealed up. When traveling with a bike, this is the holy grail of carriages on an old train. It can also be a popular spot for creeps and wierdos.

The amount of kms these trains have done must be huge. Makes the new questionable trains even more questionable.

Best colour scheme ever. Funk those trains.
Many many many kilometres. They've certainly done their work.

Yeah, fond memories of riding red rattlers home from school, with the doors you could manually open while the train was in motion and stand there half in and half out of the carriage. Always a bit of a buzz.
My parents thought a 1 hour each way train ride for years 7-9 would do a teenage poodle the world of good. How wrong they were. Unsupervised teenagers on an old red rattler was a recipe for trouble.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Not true! Toilet in opposite end. This would have been the guard's or driver's compartment in the old days. That part of the compartment is now all sealed up. When traveling with a bike, this is the holy grail of carriages on an old train. It can also be a popular spot for creeps and wierdos.

Many many many kilometres. They've certainly done their work.
They are fine trains. always habdy to have a bathroom on hand for those longish trips. They still have the bike hanging hook there too?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yanguizi the Barbarian works for me :)
I have been visiting this little cafe for some time now and sampling their menu of awesome tasty treats.
But that's the problem. You're becoming less gui-gui.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just a joy to ride at the middle or summer and dead of winter. I am not a huge fan of air conditioning everywhere but those red rattlers were tough trains in many ways.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
All the doors and all the windows open was the way to roll, winter or summer.
Most of the time they were down. Spot on. Still remember very well getting slowly baked on the way home in summer from the city.
A hot, humid armpit smell slow ride.

If your cooking @pink poodle then I'm all in. Trying to find a slow red rattler to take me to God's country at Newcastle as we speak.
The rasta wooden thing - is it a salt and pepper shaker or table place holder has me won over.

View attachment 383727

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Most of the time they were down. Spot on. Still remember very well getting slowly baked on the way home in summer from the city.
A hot, humid armpit smell slow ride.
Go to London and you can have that year round on the tube.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk