What does your day look like?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This packaging stupid really does my head in. Considering that people always grumble about shipping taking too long know that 1/4 full boxes full of air are being ferried around is hard to deal with.
My thoughts exactly. Shipping capacity is maxed out everywhere and their warehouse packs stuff like this.

Flow-Rider

Burner
This packaging stupid really does my head in. Considering that people always grumble about shipping taking too long know that 1/4 full boxes full of air are being ferried around is hard to deal with.
They even complained about the austpost choke up themselves on a podcast but saying that their warehouse is independently run.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Sadly I also "Requires Money" (And is nerdy).

Our profile pic hurt my brain.
Just throwing out some extra exposure to help with the money issue.

You’re on your own with nerdy, though I fear that ship has already sailed too far to be brought back.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Unboxing videos. I have never understood what all the excitement is for the viewer.
Same here. Just seem like an odd thing to like.

Another one that pulls my chain are those 'Reaction' videos.
Watching what some YouTube 'star' thinks about someone else content is almost as entertaining as loading the dishwasher.
I probably have totally missed the point on these.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I feel I am the new leader in the MTB Direct absurd packaging sweepstakes (the dropper post in there was the only thing in this order):
View attachment 383760
I bought a set of Joystick bars last year that came in a box big enough to stow my 105cm tall 4 year old son with room to spare. Similar story, the bars were the only item in that box. In fact, I had two other items in the same order that came in a separate box. :rolleyes:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I feel I am the new leader in the MTB Direct absurd packaging sweepstakes (the dropper post in there was the only thing in this order):
View attachment 383760
I sent them an e-mail and the picture.

They said they've been hearing this a bit recently, and are having a meeting with the warehouse tomorrow. Hopefully get a bit more appropriate packaging soon!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
They said they've been hearing this a bit recently, and are having a meeting with the warehouse tomorrow. Hopefully get a bit more appropriate packaging soon!
Sigh, their customers have to state the obvious to them :rolleyes: I'm sure the shipping company loves the idea.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I bought a set of Joystick bars last year that came in a box big enough to stow my 105cm tall 4 year old son with room to spare. Similar story, the bars were the only item in that box. In fact, I had two other items in the same order that came in a separate box. :rolleyes:
Why do you need jousting sticks?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The warehouse they use services 5 (or more) different companies stock. I don't think MTB Direct are on the same premises so they probably don't see what comes out of there.
Yebbut, common sense unfortunately isn't so common. They must have a fixed cost per cubic metre consumed and the boxes are used as a unit to measure it, or something :oops: Whatever they are doing, it looks stupid and badly thought out.