What does your day look like?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
You could just run a few more runs of the blue tape, cheap as fcuk..all you need is a staplegun and the willingness to get covered in shitty dusty under-house dirt!
Yeah, looking at it more I’d have like a lot more strapping. Problem is most of the floor is 4-6 metres off the ground - needs trestles to stand on and a ladder to get up! Main reason I got someone else to do it… I’ll wait and see if anything moves, and if it does I’ll get the bloke back to put more in.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah, looking at it more I’d have like a lot more strapping. Problem is most of the floor is 4-6 metres off the ground - needs trestles to stand on and a ladder to get up! Main reason I got someone else to do it… I’ll wait and see if anything moves, and if it does I’ll get the bloke back to put more in.
Realistically, it'll probably only sag after 5+ years. Chances of you saying "fkntradies" because he won't come out and add more because by then he won't even remember doing the job in the first place are pretty high. Speak now or forever hold your peace. ;)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Realistically, it'll probably only sag after 5+ years. Chances of you saying "fkntradies" because he won't come out and add more because by then he won't even remember doing the job in the first place are pretty high. Speak now or forever hold your peace. ;)
Hmm… Well, plan is to have this house finished and sold in 5 years, but point taken…

Looking at it again with a critical eye I think it will be ok. I’d have been a lot more OCD on running them straighter and more evenly spaced, but the support is there I think.

I think I’d rather deal with it myself later if need be than make a fuss now. I don’t have the stress tolerance reserves for it…

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I think I’d rather deal with it myself later if need be than make a fuss now. I don’t have the stress tolerance reserves for it…
Too late now anyway, the company you got to do it 2 days ago is now trading under a new name. Warranty now non existent :p

#fckntradies

Ackland

chats d'élevage
If the under house void is that big, why not seal it up with cheap board and do as Ozzy suggested and convert it to a lined bike storage

Haakon

Keeps on digging
If the under house void is that big, why not seal it up with cheap board and do as Ozzy suggested and convert it to a lined bike storage
Most of it is a single garage, but there is a massive batcave behind. Building storage back into it is totally in train, along with turning the garage part into a workshop. Cars can live outside.

Need to get an aggregate drain dug down the side and probably the concrete floor pulled up and redone - water intrusion at present...

The joys of old houses...

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Most of it is a single garage, but there is a massive batcave behind. Building storage back into it is totally in train, along with turning the garage part into a workshop. Cars can live outside.

Need to get an aggregate drain dug down the side and probably the concrete floor pulled up and redone - water intrusion at present...

The joys of old houses...
If you're flipping it, just do what everyone else does....
Ignore the issues and bury it in a new layer of concrete/paint/epoxy

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hang on...where did @beeb move to? I thought @Haakon switched it up for cousin lovin', @moorey suspended himself, @Lucaw wasn't quite on holidays yet, a few people kicked cancer (fucking yay!), @hamboner still isn't back, @Dozer is real busy, and everything else was running pretty normal. Have I missed something?
Well if you haven’t got a gravel bike yet, then you’ve missed pretty much everything.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sooo, Im having a big day at work with 2 outages happening at the same time and luckily during the mayhem, I got to sneak out for 45 mins to Battery World as it was a bit of an urgency.

Missus is heading to Melrose tomorrow and had a battery issue with her car, its got 2 x 6-7yr old dying Optima yellow top batteries in it that have lasted really well. I said I would buy a new battery today and fit it tonight.

Her car usually only gets used for small trips, 1k to work, 2km to shops, 3km to the gym, 4km to school, 1km to walk the dog in Belair NP... it gets started at least 10-16 times a day and only does 20km a day max, it canes the batteries, alternator and starter motor.

She phones me at 3pm absolutely disgusted ! #1 son who just passed his driving test and is about 4 hrs into me teaching him to drive his manual Hilux was told this morning that he would not be getting picked up from school and delivered to his workplace today as she was waiting on the new battery and didn't want to risk the car not starting at her workplace (1km from our house) and he would have to get himself to work... aka the train or bus :oops:

She gets home at 3pm and his car is missing... stolen... gone !

She phones him frantically and the little chunt has said, she said "get yourself to school and work" which obviously means driving his car that he cant fucking drive. Fucking drives his brother to school in rush hour traffic, around one of Adelaide's top 10 most fucked up roundabouts, the 'Blackwood roundabout' with no clutch sense and has never even tried to reverse a manual car yet.

Now I'm all for learning by experience but this is a 1.5 ton weapon that can kill.

Anyway, he survived and has been told it was irresponsible as he knew we still had a big 4-5 hrs driving lesson planned for this Sunday to get the reversing and other stuff ironed out before I head to Ireland for a quick visit.

Fuck, it must have been a muppet show driving behind him and his grinning brother this morning in bumper to bumper traffic on Main rd on the way to school.

I'm picturing Beavis and Butthead driving the Hilux to school. Same sniggering and all :rolleyes:

gfhgfghssfd.jpg

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Sooo, Im having a big day at work with 2 outages happening at the same time and luckily during the mayhem, I got to sneak out for 45 mins to Battery World as it was a bit of an urgency.

Missus is heading to Melrose tomorrow and had a battery issue with her car, its got 2 x 6-7yr old dying Optima yellow top batteries in it that have lasted really well. I said I would buy a new battery today and fit it tonight.

Her car usually only gets used for small trips, 1k to work, 2km to shops, 3km to the gym, 4km to school, 1km to walk the dog in Belair NP... it gets started at least 10-16 times a day and only does 20km a day max, it canes the batteries, alternator and starter motor.

She phones me at 3pm absolutely disgusted ! #1 son who just passed his driving test and is about 4 hrs into me teaching him to drive his manual Hilux was told this morning that he would not be getting picked up from school and delivered to his workplace today as she was waiting on the new battery and didn't want to risk the car not starting at her workplace (1km from our house) and he would have to get himself to work... aka the train or bus :oops:

She phones him frantically and the little chunt has said, she said "get yourself to school and work" which obviously means driving his car that he cant fucking drive. Fucking drives his brother to school in rush hour traffic, around one of Adelaide's top 10 most fucked up roundabouts, the 'Blackwood roundabout' with no clutch sense and has never even tried to reverse a manual car yet.

Now I'm all for learning by experience but this is a 1.5 ton weapon that can kill.

Anyway, he survived and has been told it was irresponsible as he knew we still had a big 4-5 hrs driving lesson planned for this Sunday to get the reversing and other stuff ironed out before I head to Ireland for a quick visit.

Fuck, it must have been a muppet show driving behind him and his grinning brother this morning in bumper to bumper traffic on Main rd on the way to school.

I'm picturing Beavis and Butthead driving the Hilux to school. Same sniggering and all :rolleyes:

View attachment 393110
Good initiative from the young lad!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Gave my lad his first driving lesson yesterday. He'll be 14 in November, so I decided it was well and truly time for him to learn the intricacies of all our vehicles and machinery.

He absolutely aced it.

Driving around a 30acre property we manage. Started in the farm buggy, a manual Daihatsu traytop. Then progressed to my rodeo, complete with telstra service box, making vision tricky for the uninitiated.

He's all excited now, looking forward to a day of slashing on Saturday.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 393110
Are you still aloud to drive L's with no licenced driver next to you in SA?