What forks are you running?

finnigan

Likes Bikes
which u turn

I was recommended to get at pair of rock shocks u turns, because of their weight and adjust ability 160mm to 100mm. but when i looked them up there are about 6 different type of u turns. ranging from about $1500- $600 . This is for a GT ruckus so i can scamper over the rock gardens easier. Shed some light guru's please,:rolleyes:

2008 dj1. when it works it works well, but that doesnt happen often. every few weeks i have to leave my bike upside down for the rebound adjuster to work. they were great the first few months but from then the performance dropped like a sack of excrement out of a window

anthony_coleman

Likes Bikes
im looking at getting the argyles, hear nothing but good things bout them, jus wondering what do shops usually charge to convert the quick release to 20mm thru axle? or should this be a new thread?

you cant convert all hubs to qr and not all converters are the same, so the cost will probably be a little bit different with each hub. the ones ive seen are pretty straight forward though so it probably wont cost too much

Last edited:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
I just sold both my ht's but i was running

Rockshox Pike 454 u-turn dropped 70-100mm travel. 70 made any bike feel better to me
&
Atomlab GI upside down 60mm forks. Heavy but oh so good to ride. Solid as, you can put all weight on bars and they don't move but will soak a case as much as pike's @ 70mm

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been riding the new Manitou Circus expert for 3 weeks now. It's awesome. Lighter than the Pike it replaced. The weight is nice. It made my front end ~500g lighter, which balanced my bike almost perfectly.
Much firmer spring, with air preload, and much better/heavier damping than the pike for jumping and park. Very firm fork overall, with no sign of flex.
Compression adjust work very well, from firm, to fully locked out in 9 clicks. Rebound doesn't click, but is doing a good job at this stage..

I couldn't be happier with these atm, and can really recommend these forks to anyone not willing to splash out $800 on a new jump fork., but still looking for high performance.
14012011249.jpg14012011247.jpg

351 recons !

i went a tad crazy and put rockshox 351 recons on mine... reasons being they are 85mm-135mm light as hell and are pritty cheap for what they are the only downside is the axel is QR not 20mm :(

sich nich

Likes Dirt
I have 08 Manitou Minute MRD TPC, 130mm lowered with a spacer to 75mm.

This fork is super light/stiff with the 20mm axle and lowered, but since i lowered it, it seems to top out harshly, no matter how slow the rebound speed. The spacer still lets the rubber top out bumper engage at top out, but still get that sudden stop at the top of the travel, unlike any other air fork I've seen/ridden.

It's air sprung, with only one valve, so i'm guessing that it's supposed to share pressure with the negative chamber at 130mm top out, and because it never gets there, the air can't get there?

Anyone got any ideas or experience with this?