What forks

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys.
just screwed up me old dj2's. and now looking for a new pair.
any suggestions. Its for dirt jumping and also a bit of light dh
when you post up forks. include your rating out of 10. and also what price they are
cheers :D

Last edited:

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
Sorry to deflate your bubble mate but there is about 5 or 6 of these requests, just make a search.

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
haha my bubble is allready deflated by breaking my forks only earlier... thanks mate
Yeah aye, that must suck, but anyways you seem cool enough:D

rock shox Pike? They adjust from 140mm to 95mm, perfect for DH, 4x Dj-ing, the works, not really sure on the price though...

8/10:p

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha. i wanna try them. but i dont wanna go to much travel with my stp.. but do you have them?

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
haha. i wanna try them. but i dont wanna go to much travel with my stp.. but do you have them?
Dont have them but ive ridin them like 10 times, so i know a bit about them.

Well just keep them on like 100mm and as soon as you hit the DH track 140mm it is:)

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
haha they seem like the way to go. any downside bout them?
sorry. i just like to no everything bout what im buying now :p
No there is barley anything to say about these forks to turn you off buying them, but the only problem my mate had with them was that he had the forks on to high of a compression rate and the forks were on 95mm and there was a 2 or so m gap and i told him to go slow but he landed right down the bottom of the downramp (flatlanded) and broke the knob that adjusts the travel. But that was just a one off.

Is you hub 20mm or QR? Because pikes are 20mm and theyre about $650 off crc. If you have QR id think about going x-fusion velvets, they are incredably light and decently strong. Check out diy mtb for the price, id give them 8/10.

Hope that helped.

master@dh

Likes Dirt
argyles for tha win bro, id say 9ish/10 best fork ive ever ridin.... i think u can pick them up for around $400 - 500 brand new.

i wouldnt run anything else

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pikes thnargyle lowers. All the adjustabily but strong enough for you to bash day in day out.

By being realistic would just get some pikes. If you snapped the lowers which does happen when they ate ridden hard on dh and park bikes just replace them with argyle lowers.

Pikes thnargyle lowers. All the adjustabily but strong enough for you to bash day in day out.

By being realistic would just get some pikes. If you snapped the lowers which does happen when they ate ridden hard on dh and park bikes just replace them with argyle lowers.
pargyles = waste of money. it has been confirmed from various sources that, at least in recent years, pike and argyle lowers are the same. the only difference is the colour.

if you can, save up for the argyle RCT, its pretty much a pike but its designed to be used for dj/slopestyle. and generally you only need one fork, not a pair. sorry but its just one of those little things i cant stand.

song

Likes Dirt
PIKES PIKES PIKES......... Pikes fit perfectly to your description, you can raise the travel with a couple of turns (for the downhill) then lower them to suirt DJ/Street.

Meh, pikes are overrated, especially for any park or street. I would like to see how the 15mm velvets go, but I fail to see the point of it, why not just use 20mm? Anyway rcts look awsome and I agree pargyles are just stupid.

camtb

Likes Dirt
Revelations are sick, feel a lot like pikes but without the ridiculous weight and they have more adjustability.

I've used mine for pretty much anything and havn't had any problems whatsoever,