What happened to Aireal Industries?

yetifan

yetifan
Hi

I've got one of Nathan Rennies old Yeti slalom frames, and I'm planning to build it back how he had it.

Bit of a restoration project I guess you'd say.

I'm looking for an Aireal Industries stem, but I gather they are no longer around.

Anybody know who ran it? Or if the old bits still kick around occasionally?

I'm in the Uk so it's proper hard to find any info on them.

Thanks!

Andrew
Www.yetifan.com

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
They got sold, then shut down. Must be close to ten years ago.
I'd put it in the wanted section on this site.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I know you're looking for parts rather than history, but I think Scratchy did an interview with the guys from Aireal at some stage as to why they exited the industry. An interesting listen, but it won't find your stem unfortunately.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We have a brand new aireal stem in the cabinet at the shop! They made some nice stuff

yetifan

yetifan
Thanks for the answers guys. Appreciate it.

Would you be willing to sell the one in the shop if it's the correct one for the bike?

Can you send me a pic, or pair one here. Andrew@yetifan.com

Sorry this had turned into a wanted thread, just curious where Aireal ended up.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure that some of the guys are still in the machining industry. There is a chance they could make a part for you. Wouldn't expect it would be cheap though. I have a contact. So if you want it PM me.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
It got a bit run down when Jed left.

Wazza from MPE bought it, had a few dramas with old stock coming back to bite him. Changed the name to Aireal Australia and made some cool design changes and looked to be gong from strength to strength
Unfortunately the hassles of manufacturing in Australia meant he couldn't get the raw stock he wanted in the quantity and quality he needed and he had to let it slide into oblivion.

I'll be riding with him today, I'll ask if he has any old stock but I doubt it.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Below is from an old thread I replied to. I've used them recently for some spares too.

My hardtail (http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?241661-Custom-home-made-cromo-hardtail) has an Aireal stem, headset, and front and rear hubs. Been running them for years with 0 issues!

And yetifan feel free to pm me an offer on any of the parts, but it would have to be a good one! :)

They are still around, just not in "Aireal Industries" form. They've helped me in the not too distant past with some parts. Mick or Robbie should be able to point you in the right direction or let you know if parts are available from somewhere else.

http://www.machining.com.au/

Macquarie Precision Engineering Pty Ltd
ABN : 62 075 001 599
Bathurst NSW 2795
Ph: +61 2 6337 2816
Fax: +61 2 6337 2830
Mob: 0414 496 591

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Yeah Mick said he may have 1 or 2 left in a cupboard somewhere. So give them a try. No promises though