What has MTB done for you?

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a thread to share and inspire....

Essentially, It would be really cool to interesting to hear how mountain biking has actually contributed to people's lives. This doesn't necessarily have to be positive.. MTB could have cost you thousands of dollars (injury, maintenance, gear) that could have gone to other things - then again they could be positive.

I think it would be awesome to gain a perspective of what others perceive mountain biking to be, relative to their life.

For me, mountain biking has done the following:

a) kept me fit and strong as an ox in my legs
b) taught me financial lessons (see above :rolleyes: )
c) provided me with a constant stoke that is incomparable, and will never be extinguished, far beyond when I get off the bike

Everyone's thoughts are welcome.. post up!

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a. Given me something to do while not looking at the farkin forums :p
b. Kept me physically fit enough...
c. Great fun!

mtb1611

Seymour
Most of my closest friends are the ones I've met through mtb or road riding. I have people in my life that I love dearly because of cycling, and have experienced the grief of losing someone close to me who I met through cycling. So I guess in a way it's contributed to the whole gammut of emotions!

Because of cycling in general I'm fitter than most people my age and it gives me a sense of freedom and an outlet through which to expel tension and stress. The feeling of being out in the bush doing something you love with a bunch of mates, for no reason other than the fact you all love what you're doing, is a feeling that can't have a price tag attached; those of you who went on the recent mass-ride at Lucas Heights in Sydney will empathise entirely.

Plus, it's fun!

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
Mountain biking has given me lots of life long scars that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world :)

(mostly on my knees/shins)

Last edited:

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
1. Kept fit
2. made great mates.
3. helped me how to manage finance's
4. good laugh's.
5. go extreme :D and harden the fark up (yes i did just watch chopper)
6. kept me out of trouble

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Mountain biking has given me lots of life long scars . . .

(mostly on my knees/shins)
took the words out of my fingers.

also itsa godo way to get rid of fucking money, how i hate money i dipise money so much, i just love to get it out of my bank account and hand it to some one else, then hand them more money the next week for the same thign which i break two weeks in a row, ... mountain biking helps me cure my hate for money.

rellum

Squid
1. kept my fit
2. kept me broken
3. made plenty of mates out of it
4. 7 staples in the back of my head
5. good times

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
made my life. without riding i don't know where i'd be. and i am never going to give up! i love it!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
stopped me from being a fat lazy pisshead. (i'm now a sprightly, fit lazy pisshead)

saved me a fortune in cab fares.

cost me two front teeth and gave me a scar that makes me look like I've had a hairlip.

dominated my wardrobe with man-made fibres.

Made me go to the one place I always swore I'd never go (The Costa Del Sol - still a yobbish tacky shit-hole but fuck, there's some great riding in them thar hills)

Got me laid

Scared the shit out of me.

Thrilled me to bits

Frustrated me. (bloody manuals! 5 years and I still can't get 'em cracked.)

Last edited:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
1-got me off the durries
2-made me a sexual tyrannasaurus(according to wife;))
3-made good firm freinds
4-taught me to tell white lies(i need to upgrade because said part aint good enough,secret purchases!)
5-got me a whole new wardrobe,i went from 96kgs to 81 kgs!

stickso

Likes Dirt
1. got me fit - I've never been overweight but it's amazing how good I feel all the time now.
2. something to do with the wife on weekends
3. something to do with mates on weekends
4. big grin everytime the trail points downhill :D
5. only downside is buying shit is too addictive!

Last edited:

Mojo

Likes Dirt
got me a mad corked shoulder and corked leg

im like a lil gimp hobbling around uni its such a struggle

on a better note, ourimbah racing on the weekend was awsome. apart from the crash on the rockgarden :'(