What hub is this?

Hi, wondering if anyone knows what hub this is and/or how to service it?
There's no marking on the hub other than what you can see in the photo and it's laced to a TWE rim (29er).
it runs a 142x12 axle and what you can see in the photos is how much I've pulled it apart so far.

20131023_072506.jpg20131023_072557.jpg20131023_072606.jpg

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Definitely a spesh hub Walter, I have the same one and it ceased up on me after less than a year. Better off replacing it with a decent hub as these things are notoriously unreliable, hard to service and HEAVY!

rone

Eats Squid
They're made for Specialized by Joytech. Use a combo of 6902 and MR1526 bearings. The freehub is a sealed unit.

Definitely a spesh hub Walter.
Glad you made the connection. :clap2:

Thanks for the replies, I managed to open it up enough and put some grease in which has seemed to stop the terrible noise which was coming from it. Read about alot of people having trouble with them, people in the US said that specialized was replacing them free of charge over there last year, wonder if spesh Australia would do it?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid

Thanks for the replies, I managed to open it up enough and put some grease in which has seemed to stop the terrible noise which was coming from it. Read about alot of people having trouble with them, people in the US said that specialized was replacing them free of charge over there last year, wonder if spesh Australia would do it?
doubtful if your not the original owner! i replaced mine with Hope Pro2 Evo's.... have not looked back!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Once you have the DS axle nut off you should be able to pull the free hub off the thru-axle. Take care not to loose any of the springs and pawls - good idea to do this over a container just in case. You should then be able to remove the axle out the non-drive side. On some of these you use the axle to drive out the NDS bearing, on others the axle is a straight tube and there are bearing spacers between the bearings.

There will most likely be two bearings in the hub shell and two in the free hub.

BM Epic

Eats Squid

Or is it Werner?