What is a good one bike solution?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I was beginning to think my yeti 5.5 fitted the bill, but I now realise it fails dismally in the critical 'pub bike' aspect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

T-Rex

Template denier
Do the Spittys really pedal that badly? Perhaps a CCDB on the Polygon is the go then.
FWIW Junior runs the Meta TR. it’s classified as a trail bike but he’s done three EWS rounds on it this year, and he’s not exactly gentle on the equipment, so it can definitely take a beating. Reckons the back end of the Meta is a lot stiffer than the Reign he ran last year.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I was beginning to think my yeti 5.5 fitted the bill, but I now realise it fails dismally in the critical 'pub bike' aspect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nope...you're not trying hard enough, if you're thirsty enough you can ride any bike to said drinking establishment and the bonus of riding that there is no one will pinch it for fear of snapage, even the junkies know that.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yeah mooreys right for once. Spitty’s do pedal well.

@T-Rex, to be fair, reigns have a very, very noodly back end. Both my tranny scout and spitty have less spindly rears than my reign.

But a mid travel trail bike surviving 3 ews rounds is bloody impressive. Good shit little
T-Rex!

moorey

call me Mia
I’m not the only hardest rider, but did the TransNZ Enduro, and half a dozen state rounds on mine. Felix raced VDHS Mt Beauty DH to 4th on his.
The hype is real about their capabilities to punch above their weight.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I’m not the only hardest rider, but did the TransNZ Enduro, and half a dozen state rounds on mine. Felix raced VDHS Mt Beauty DH to 4th on his.
The hype is real about their capabilities to punch above their weight.
The weight is real though. The rear end on them has abit of chonk about it haha.

In a good way though. Very solid bikes.