What is a good wheel set for a 29er mainly doing downhill.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've run a set on all things, a dirt jumper and I haven't found them to be too soft at all. A fair few pro riders use them in the EWS also, surely they can't be that bad.
All that proves is they where able to last one race. I specifically didnt go with flows due to what ive seen from all my riding buddies even though i had the original version previously. We ride very rocky and blown out trails and they just dent to easy

Flow-Rider

Burner
All that proves is they where able to last one race. I specifically didnt go with flows due to what ive seen from all my riding buddies even though i had the original version previously. We ride very rocky and blown out trails and they just dent to easy
Sounds like no rim will have a long service life in that sort of environment but I know with mine, I cased a concrete gutter and heard a large clang on impact, thought for sure I put a dent in the rim but found nothing. I normally take the bike on trails after a pump track ride also and I'm not known to ride like a princess, dented a WTB rim on the first ride.

Not doubting your experience with them as there's way too many variables out on the trails and with bike set ups.