What is the best value 4x dually

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
what do the people think my hard tail serves me well but I'm not getting any younger so I think I may need a little give in the rear :twisted:

Cruz

Likes Dirt
CK's Tazer

Check out the 2nd hand Intense Tazer 4 sale here and have a test ride.

Make sure you can afford it first as you will want it.

How is the GT Tequesta going?

bazza

look at me
rear ended

get the 4x4 that seems like a pretty well balaned bike. dont know what else there is though because theres soooo many bikes.

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
My mate rob still loves the GT
The 4x4 is on the list and the Heckler big price difference though
THERE MUST BE MORE

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
check out kona's 'back-country' bikes, i think there called 'dawg' or something. cuck a chainguide on one of them and it'd make a good 4x rig i reckon...

looseunit

Likes Dirt
check out kona's 'back-country' bikes, i think there called 'dawg' or something. cuck a chainguide on one of them and it'd make a good 4x rig i reckon
Kona used to make a 4X bike the dudu, dont know if they still do. Other wise if money was not an issue i would get the Cortina Europa 5inchs of travel with a 9*2.75 shock, no chance of blowing that shock with a leverage ratio like that. It also fits all the shocks like avalanche and romic.

Ryan

Radministrator
Cortina bikes are things of beauty, I would sell my left nut to own one.
Turner Rail, is another 4X specific frame and Specialized also have a 4X frameset, the Supercross which retails for around US $1000, dunno if they're imported into Australia, I'm sure NRG should be able to hook you up with one though.

looseunit

Likes Dirt
Cortina bikes are things of beauty, I would sell my left nut to own one.
Turner Rail, is another 4X specific frame and Specialized also have a 4X frameset, the Supercross which retails for around US $1000, dunno if they're imported into Australia, I'm sure NRG should be able to hook you up with one though.
Specialized did bring some super x frames into Australia, but i think that only certain stores were allowed to sell them. I know that JT cycles had one in stock, but the frame price was 2000-2500. They same shop has had a supercross and a intense tazer and the intense was small and felt plusher compared to the supercross.

As for Cortina they are one of most beatiful bike I have ever seen, my friend used to be the importer and his DH8 was one of the nicest DH bikes I have ever ridden.

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
Anyone heard about Norco fluid frames 5" rear travel but with a fox air shock frame looks exactly the same as the 4x4 I may be able to get one for the right price?

Ryan

Radministrator
Wodie rides a fluid for 4X and seems to do alright on it. At least one bike in the fluid line comes with a coil over too.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looseunit said:
Other wise if money was not an issue i would get the Cortina Europa 5inchs of travel with a 9*2.75 shock, no chance of blowing that shock with a leverage ratio like that. It also fits all the shocks like avalanche and romic.
But with a BB main pivot don't you think it might be a bit mushy to peddle for 4x ?? Certainly not ideal IMO.

looseunit

Likes Dirt
But with a BB main pivot don't you think it might be a bit mushy to peddle for 4x ?? Certainly not ideal IMO.
The piviot is just behind the BB it could be a bit higher, not any worse than last year azonic or old intenses . I have heard they pedal pretty well, but being a rider made and ownded company i dont think that would make a bike that would ride that badly.

Ty

Eats Squid
i got a price for a europa FS frame earlyer in the year, i think it was about $3200 landed in australia, about the same price as the heckler with a 5th w/ti spring was

S.

ex offender
looseunit said:
The piviot is just behind the BB it could be a bit higher, not any worse than last year azonic or old intenses . I have heard they pedal pretty well, but being a rider made and ownded company i dont think that would make a bike that would ride that badly.
Just because a company is rider made + owned, doesn't necessarily mean they CAN make good bikes, as good as their intentions may be (although I am told that Cortinas are excellent bikes - I'm just arguing against that generalisation, not against Cortina).

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looseunit said:
Don't mind me Loose, maybe it was an older model, maybe i'm thinking of a different bike, i thought it had a BB mounted main pivot.

looseunit

Likes Dirt
Just because a company is rider made + owned, doesn't necessarily mean they CAN make good bikes, as good as their intentions may be (although I am told that Cortinas are excellent bikes - I'm just arguing against that generalisation, not against Cortina).
True that, but unlike many rider owned operated companies the cortina are family that have been making bikes for years, everbody in the family is involved in the pruductoin of thier bikes. The younger cortina Estban and his brother do all the test riding and race their own product and they also manafacture their own pruduct. How many rider owner operated companies can you say that about.

Roadie Rob

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the input guys my birthday was on wednesday and my lovely wife bought me a sweeet HECKLER frame
Thanks to the NRG crew for making sure she got it all sorted in time for my birthday

Ty

Eats Squid
rob, you don't know how many times i wnted to pull that heckler off the roof at ashgrove and build it up just to see what a perfect trailbike looks like. hope you enjoy it and happy birthday.