What is your first car?

soty

Likes Dirt

On my L's at the moment. (broke the front badge off.. soon to be replaced).

Venciferus wins this thread.. I'd rape a cactus for that..

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
soty - *insert angel noise that plays when holy sunshine breaks through clouds*

Yours is up there with Venciferus dude. Nice.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
My first car was a 1985 Toyota 4Runner, my current (3rd car) is a 1990 Toyota Troopy (both are seen in the first photo - 4Runner on the right):
http://www.farkin.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120965&d=1226387708
http://www.farkin.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120966&d=1226387708
http://www.farkin.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120968&d=1226387708

My 2nd car was a 1974 Beetle 1300 (still in the family but belongs to my sister now). Still have a passion for air cooled VW's, but also for 4WDing and camping, so bit of struggle at the best of times.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVjHJ80
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVjHad0

DunCon

Likes Dirt
this is my fully sick vl bro

half way through getten this thing ready and on the road

2 1/2 " exhust
17" vulkner racing rims
pioneer headunit and speakers
exedy tuff clutch
custom parcel chelf

thingas to do

rb26 twin cam top end
new starter motor
bigger injecters
two new bosch fuel pumps
full beige interior calais
calas light and fron end
custon roof carpet with calais inprint
repspray it as the blue pearl paint is faded and chiped
clean it

she goes far hard at the moment just not hard enough i dont think she will be ready for easter nats tho

but for summer nats in canberra she should be

Attachments

soty

Likes Dirt
Yes! Ahhhh love that soty, clean as, perfect! I like how it doesn't have the blingy doofness of the newer 3's.
Yeah I love E21's. A slimmer line than the later 3's, and still maintain the classic look over E30's. Cannot wait until I get my P's... :rolleyes:

Arete

Likes Dirt
1st: 1984 Volvo 240

Dog. Went halves with my parents after writing off dad's car. Over 2 years of ownership, the injectors went, ECU went, drivers seat broke, engine mounts went, fan went, muffler went...

Admittedly I did get tail ended by an excel, which had 3k worth of damage and all I had to do was brsh the green paint off the bumper of the Volvo. However it was slow, the brakes were horrible and the gearbox was probably out of a truck. sometimes in the wet, you could get it labouring about to stall with the rears spinning at the same time... a competely hateful vehicle ownership. Thanks Mum and Dad.

2nd: 1994 Mazda Mx6

Bought this after the Volvo blew up. Very nice driver's car. Enough power from a willing 2.5l V6, very balanced and smooth. Needed lots of servicing, but was reliable compared to the Volvo.

Despite a bit of a nothing reputation, a suprisingly fast car when the road gets twisty.

3rd: 1994 GTI-R pulsar

Had a lot of work done but not finished when I bought it. I finished it off and wound up with a mods list as long as my arm and around 225kw at all 4's and a 0-100k time of under 4 seconds. Absolute beastie. Embarrased the odd supercar owner.

Utterly ugly styling, got me into trouble a lot, got a maximum of 400k to a 50l tank of 98 octane fuel (and less than 100ks if you were driving like a tool).

4th: 2001 Magna Sports.

http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2876/article.html

Decided I was over expensive fun and got a Magna (yawn). However I've actually enjoyed it. The sports got a 163kW/317Nm upgrade and a manual box. It's actually reasonably quick, quicker on paper than anything Falcodore offers with less than 8 cylinders. I get around 10l/100km around the city and 7 on the freeway, and unlike the pulsar, I can fit things in it. Shame about the understeer though.

However moving in with the girlfriend means our two cars are turning into one, so it's for sale. A shame really, as despite being a pretty nice car they're worth shitall. I'd recommend one wholeheartedly as a first car.

Next Car: Looking at small 4wds...

Last edited:

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
First car was a 1969 Kombi when I was in Townsville and Cairns. I used to take him off roading up Cape York and surrounds, modded the suspension several times to get more height and stiffness, went through three engines, and eventually bent the chassis on Mt Windsor behind the Daintree.
Eno at Broadwater.jpg

After that I bought a 1990 Land Cruiser Troopy, took the seats out of the back and used it for my off-road adventures, with much more success than the Kombi. I've driven her all up and down the east coast a lot, from Cape York to Adelaide. I recently sold the Troopy because I just wasn't using her, and my girlfriend and I share her Subaru Impreza. I really miss the Troopy though, and will hopefully own another one some day!

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
1979 datsun 1200 ute got alot to do on it like rego new panels rust removal, getting exhuast sound system, new paint job the ripcurl xr ute teal colour or what ever its called.

Then put a sr20 engine in it with 5speed or 6speed gearbox and other parts that wont explode, so should be a good set up i hope when its time for my p's

View attachment 129908
hey that is a mad as car i was seriously going to buy one not to long ago as a first car. but some one correct me if i am wrong you are not allowed to do any engine modifications on a car whilst on p-plates. because i was going to drop a a little more high performance engine in my hiace but the engine shop said no

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
but some one correct me if i am wrong you are not allowed to do any engine modifications on a car whilst on p-plates. because i was going to drop a a little more high performance engine in my hiace but the engine shop said no
Why would the Auto Shop say no? I wouldn't imagine they would take responsibility for whether or not you're driving an illegally modified car? Unless they are actually liable?

Anyway,

Out of curiosity, how old was everyone when they purchased/were given their first car? I'm 17 & still on my Ls for at least another 6months so it's not exactly a priority for me right now......

mitchy_poo

Likes Dirt
hey that is a mad as car i was seriously going to buy one not to long ago as a first car. but some one correct me if i am wrong you are not allowed to do any engine modifications on a car whilst on p-plates. because i was going to drop a a little more high performance engine in my hiace but the engine shop said no
Yeah when i first saw these little beasts im liek got to have one, not sure about the engine thing on p's as i dont know much but, it will be the last thing i will do to the car.

notso

Likes Dirt
First car: 1974 Toyota Celica TA22. (still in mum's backyard destined to be rebuilt into my dream car again)

Second car: 1989 Toyota Corolla SX Twin Cam. 4AGE 100KW running on 17's and on the bump stops. Mad little machine

Third car: 2001 Honda S2000. So much fun!

Current car: 2008 Mazda CX7 (not my kind of car but hey, the mrs loves it)

Next car: Something small and fast again. CX7's a boat!

GOD12A

Likes Dirt
Heya all :)

First car: 1967 KE10 Toyota Corolla 2dr sedan. very nearly dropped in a 4AGZE, but with a T3/4 hybrid turbo instead of the std blower, EMS, full cage, 2 seats etc etc (this was back in the day where a streeter with a modded engine conversion was considered off chops!!)

Then i rolled it and nearly killed myself... :eek:

Second car: Mazda RX3 sedan, slightly modded. Mostly for acting like an idiot, locker diff, US fuel system with Holley carb, big exhaust etc (until i pulled it off the road for a 3 month rebuild...)

Third car: $850 Mazda 323 hatch, commonly called "The Bucket". Great for full contact road rage!!

Fourth car: Mazda MX6 Turbo (More boost, full exhaust, suspension done, 17s, respray in RX8 velocity red, reasonable audio gear built for sound quality, not boom boom crap)

7yrs after taking the RX3 off the road, she eventually hits the road again as a pretty serious road legal circuit car with enough detailing to pull awards...

5th car: '02 Subaru Liberty wagon, suspension, later model rims, std leather/sunroof etc etc. Competition quality audio gear, nothing you see at the local boom boom shop!!

If i got the job i applied for in December '08, id have a 230kw atw Mitsu EVO7, white with matt black rims, coilovers, carbon interior bits, pure SEX... but i missed out on the job and still drive the liberty :eek: Shame... Two circuit setup cars would have been fun, although stooopidly expensive...

Mark :)