What kind of postage speed do you expect from an Australian online retailer?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm 99% sure they are NZ based... With a 'returns office' in Surry Hills, Sydney......
Yup, stuff comes from over the pond. Having said that I did get my towball rack in three days, with a NZ origin on the bill of lading.

Ordered Hope Hoops from Wiggle on a Thursday afternoon , were on my desk Monday morning, standard free post. If you can get this sort of turnaround from the mother land, surely local mobs could match it, or at least let you know it's on back order by the next day.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yup, stuff comes from over the pond.

Ordered Hope Hoops from Wiggle on a Thursday afternoon , were on my desk Monday morning, standard free post.
Correct there stuff comes form NZ, the statement on the website is a little misleading... Still over a week for a relatively small package is BS. As above and previously mentioned in one of my posts you can get stuff from overseas in 3 days wtf does it take so long locally?

mtb1611

Seymour
Ordered Hope Hoops from Wiggle on a Thursday afternoon , were on my desk Monday morning, standard free post. If you can get this sort of turnaround from the mother land, surely local mobs could match it, or at least let you know it's on back order by the next day.
Bingo....that statement sums up why the vast majority of my purchases (both cycling and no cycling related items) are made online. The scenario extends to many sectors of retail; I recently needed a new h-hat clutch for my drums. Went to 4 local music shops, none in stock "we could order it for you, probably take a week or so, not sure really". Promptly went home and ordered one online, which arrived 4 days later.

I find the whole communication/interpersonal aspect very odd too. I fail to see why one can walk into a bike shop, only to be barely acknowledged by staff, yet receive prompt, friendly email communication from an online supplier who has never laid eyes on you (and probably never will).

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Ordered some very pricey Chris king heavy duty hubs from aspire velo tech, they are the official King distributors, made me very nervous forking out so much for hubs from the US, i neednt have worried, they got here in 3 and a half working days, also came with a lovely pen as a gift, i nearly fell over how quick they got here, also never had any problems with CRC, been ordering from them for 5 years now, not 1 single stuff up!
Cant figure out who the offending website is??

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Considering it takes a week (2 weeks max if customs holds it up) from overseas I think it's reasonable to expect it to arrive within a week from Aus (if you're on the other side of Aus....since I live in WA). An express parcel arives within 3 days going from Qld to regional WA so no exuses really.

I think the big thing here is communication, surely retailers would understand that customers would be a lot happier waiting providing they know exactly what's going on and why. Communication is the key because a lot of people don't always mind the extra wait providing they know a fair reason for the delay!

Like our TV is at warranty repair at the moment, every few weeks or so we have to follow it up, it wouldn't be so bad if the repairer rang us and told us they were waiting for parts or whatever each week. Sure that all takes time but surely that should be part of their job! Doesn't help that this is the 3rd time it's been there for the same issue I guess.
Rant over I suppose.

1 week for local orders (at least 5 business days from eastern states to WA)
up to 2 weeks from OS (depending on customs)
more if I'm told items are out of stock or need to be ordered in specifically etc regardless what retailer you go to.

I don't generally uderstand why I'd get an O/S parcel quicker than one from the other side of Oz though!

tprmc78

Likes Dirt
Wiggle

Wiggle have a warehouse in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, hence their speed of delivery of late and the Auspost packaging on the parcels. Never had an issue with overseas retailers or Australian retailers although if it is out of stock with an Aus retailer you may be waiting quite a while for a replacement.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i've found CRC getting worse and worse. last few orders have taken ~2-3 weeks, normal and tracked shipping.

wiggle on the other hand have always been superb. my brakes left on a wednesday, and were at my door monday.

JP

Likes Dirt
The wife bought me a pair of 3/4 winter tights from T7. They were ordered on Thursday 20th June in the morning. I got an email this morning saying they were dispatched today and I should expect up to 6 days for delivery. If I go with 6 business days delivery that will be 5th July that I get them. Over 2 weeks. How can it be a week between placing the order and them dispatching? Me no understand.

I ordered some non-bike related stuff from the States Monday morning. They arrived this (Friday) morning.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
The wife bought me a pair of 3/4 winter tights from T7. They were ordered on Thursday 20th June in the morning. I got an email this morning saying they were dispatched today and I should expect up to 6 days for delivery. If I go with 6 business days delivery that will be 5th July that I get them. Over 2 weeks. How can it be a week between placing the order and them dispatching? Me no understand.

I ordered some non-bike related stuff from the States Monday morning. They arrived this (Friday) morning.
Thats because they confuse Winmalee for Wonthaggi???

scblack

Leucocholic

I received a message from them this week, apologising for the delays during their move. So maybe that explains to some degree.

However, I did buy from 1-Day their sister company a couple of weeks ago, and my experience with that order was nearly as slow as yours, for some beer glasses.

wombat

Lives in a hole
However, I did buy from 1-Day their sister company a couple of weeks ago, and my experience with that order was nearly as slow as yours, for some beer glasses.
Ditto, last couple of things I've ordered from 1-day have been at least 2 weeks from order to delivery, one of them was over 3 weeks. Most of that delay is prior to dispatch too, I'm not even getting the shipping confirmation until two weeks after buying.

slowmick

38-39"
$10 dollars tyres order from Pushy's late Thursday night. Posties turned up with them on Monday morning. Had the same service when I ordered from The Bike Shed Mortdale - ordered a Helmet Thursday night and carded for delivery on Monday. Awesome service.

camzh

Likes Dirt
+1 for Pushies. Ordered some tyres on friday (yay $10 specials) on Friday.
Arrived on Monday !

Can't ask for better than that.

I'm still confused by T7.
Does anyone know if the stuff is warehoused in Aus or NZ ?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
pushys are great. ordered 4 times, and it's been here the next business day.
very handy when i was missing bits for my last build, and the LBS dont seem to stock... well anything.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looks like the online shop in question in the original post has new management and a new webpage coming

hopefully that means a change, will give them another go next time I need something and report back

floody

Wheel size expert
Ditto, last couple of things I've ordered from 1-day have been at least 2 weeks from order to delivery, one of them was over 3 weeks. Most of that delay is prior to dispatch too, I'm not even getting the shipping confirmation until two weeks after buying.

I'm not sure they warehouse everything. 1-day stuff I suspect isn't ordered in until after the sale, my guess is they reserve an allocation then order from that allocated stock at the importers. More like Ozsale, dealsdirect etc.

Last edited: