What kind of postage speed do you expect from an Australian online retailer?

Sam King

Cannon Fodder
Cycling Express

I have used Cycling Express (Melb based) quite a few times. I like them because they have a shopfront and you can call them. The quickest delivery I have had from them was about 2 days for a Jersey. I have used quite a few online stores, the bigger UK sites are good but I often buy things the get an email saying its on back order and have to wait 3-6 weeks.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have used Cycling Express (Melb based) quite a few times. I like them because they have a shopfront and you can call them. The quickest delivery I have had from them was about 2 days for a Jersey. I have used quite a few online stores, the bigger UK sites are good but I often buy things the get an email saying its on back order and have to wait 3-6 weeks.
Just ordered from these guys, parts came direct from Tiawan

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Ordered an item, and paid for it on the 9th August.
Paid extra for express post from Vic to Tassie.
Still haven't recieved it.

Checked the tracking number this morning....

australia post.JPG

scblack

Leucocholic
Whats the WORST gift wrapping service you ever paid for?

It CANNOT beat my story today.

I bought a Doctor Who towel and apron for Father's Day from ABC Shop. Thought I'd get it Gift Wrapped. Add $2.95 for Gift Wrapping service with the Theme: Father's Day Exclusive.

This Gift Wrap consists of: brown packing paper, quite roughly wrapped (like me, a normal bloke would wrap). I opened the package - looking for the gift wrap.

It was appalling.

***Edit***

And I just opened it - each item had the price tag still attached. Crap gift wrapping that is.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Aus post story here, not aus retailer, but interesting....
Sold a set of mint XT brakes to a guy on here, m775, but had never been on a bike. They never turned up. Postie there claimed he remembered delivering them (sure...a particular plain packaged item a few weeks earlier...great memory). Depending who we asked, article is either 'in transit' or still at his PO, lost. Either way, their fuck up.. Over a month later and no parcel.

Both the buyer and I (especially I) have been hassling AP but they never got back to me, despite numerous promises. I called again today and refused to get off the phone until it was resolved. Poor young prick had to go disturb his manager and have a meeting while I held on.

Its now on the cards that the buyer will get compensated for a BRAND NEW SET or M785...... Fark! I shooda provided quotes for local prices, not wiggle and CRC:smash:

I'll keep you posted (pardon the pun):high5:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered something from wiggle yesterday, thinking to myself "nah I will save spending the extra $15 on postage" as my items were here in 3 days from the UK last time using their "free postage"... Get an email last night as below saying they'd been sent Auspost!.

So it looks like the parts I ordered for my new road frame, hoping they'd be here before Friday (or at least before I go away on Wed next week) aren't likely to turn up before Christmas... My only hope is that they are coming from Wiggles yet to be confirmed Australian warehouse. :drama:

Retailer: Wiggle
Order: 6210727220
Carrier: Australia Post
Carrier Reference: WIG0149924
DM Consignment Code: DMC0DC15VXQJ

Delivery Expected:
Awaiting despatch

Find other parcels in this order

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Ordered something from wiggle yesterday, thinking to myself "nah I will save spending the extra $15 on postage" as my items were here in 3 days from the UK last time using their "free postage"... Get an email last night as below saying they'd been sent Auspost!.

So it looks like the parts I ordered for my new road frame, hoping they'd be here before Friday (or at least before I go away on Wed next week) aren't likely to turn up before Christmas... My only hope is that they are coming from Wiggles yet to be confirmed Australian warehouse. :drama:

Retailer: Wiggle
Order: 6210727220
Carrier: Australia Post
Carrier Reference: WIG0149924
DM Consignment Code: DMC0DC15VXQJ

Delivery Expected:
Awaiting despatch

Find other parcels in this order
they definitely have an Australian warehouse, if you go to return a faulty item you have the option of sending it direct to the UK, or save postage by sending it to their aus warehouse but it takes longer to get back.

edit - i placed an order with wiggle yesterday as well. mine says despatched by aus post, with Delivery Expected: 22:00 Mon 09 Sep 2013 BST - 09:00 Tue 10 Sep 2013 BST

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Being sent via AusPost? Better order another one, the first one is sure to be lost in the void.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I placed an order with wiggle yesterday as well. mine says despatched by aus post, with Delivery Expected: 22:00 Mon 09 Sep 2013 BST - 09:00 Tue 10 Sep 2013 BST
Interested to see where it comes from, mine is still "awaiting dispatch" although that's not uncommon; I've had Aus Post items where the tracking says "awaiting dispatch" or something to that effect even after they were delivered :drama:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Auspost = Fail
I have lost 3 parcels this year.
1 set of carbon rotors.
1 pair of new Oakley sunnies
And a Donna Hay magazine(wife's I swear)
Who knows how many letters are missing?
Their tracking system is useless except to confirm they don't know where it is.
Their customer service line borders on negligent as all they try and do is trick you into admitting its not their fault and take it up with the sender.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Auspost = Fail
I have lost 3 parcels this year.
1 set of carbon rotors.
1 pair of new Oakley sunnies
And a Donna Hay magazine(wife's I swear)
Who knows how many letters are missing?
Their tracking system is useless except to confirm they don't know where it is.
Their customer service line borders on negligent as all they try and do is trick you into admitting its not their fault and take it up with the sender.
They did you three favours ;-)

I find it strange that Auspost seem to 'loose' parcels but never once have I had a gas/electricity/any other bill go missing. Very selective loosing!

Last edited:
Ordered from Torpedo7 Friday 23rd August. Arrived Tuesday 3rd September. Not good enough for an Aussie supplier. Back to Wiggle / CRC for me.

scblack

Leucocholic
Ordered from Torpedo7 Friday 23rd August. Arrived Tuesday 3rd September. Not good enough for an Aussie supplier. Back to Wiggle / CRC for me.
It has been noted elsewhere that Torpedo7 along with 1-Day their sister company, that postage is VERY slow. And that dispatch can be part of that slow process.

I agree, Wiggle/CRC are a much better option - though I do buy stuff from 1-Day. Thats being cut back since I bought a garden hose from them that does NOT fit a garden tap.

Quick tester here - Last night at 11pm I ordered XT brakes from Wiggle. I'll post on here the minute they arrive on my desk. I already have the email that they have been dispatched. Disclaimer - I did pick the tracked courier delivery option.

Last edited:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Torpedo 7 is from New Zealand. Most of the time I get my orders from them in 7-10 days.
Crc and Wiggle can be fast or slow. I've had some orders in around 4 days and others take 2 weeks. I always pick the free or cheapest freight.

scblack

Leucocholic
Torpedo 7 is from New Zealand. Most of the time I get my orders from them in 7-10 days.
Crc and Wiggle can be fast or slow. I've had some orders in around 4 days and others take 2 weeks. I always pick the free or cheapest freight.
I am a little vague here, so could be wrong. Some CRC orders have taken a couple of weeks, but my Wiggle orders have always been very quick from memory.

I was impatient for my brakes so paid the $21 for courier. Usually I take the cheapest option too.

Overall I have never lost anything through Australia Post - can be slow but they always seem to arrive. I've never encountered the losses that some guys have got.

bpow

Likes Dirt
Overall I have never lost anything through Australia Post - can be slow but they always seem to arrive. I've never encountered the losses that some guys have got.
Neither had I till they lost a set xt brakes that were headed my way. Why didn't I just lose some socks or something? Why mint Xt's?? Oh well moving on. I have found wiggle to be fast and have also had quick delivery from Merlin cycles.

moorey

call me Mia
Neither had I till they lost a set xt brakes that were headed my way. Why didn't I just lose some socks or something? Why mint Xt's?? Oh well moving on.
...and then admitting they fucked up, lost said mint XT's, saying on 3 separate occasions that you would be fully compensated for said brakes...then after 6 weeks fighting, denying that, and reducing the offer to 1/5 of the replacement value...:tsk:

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tbsm - ordered wife gloves for first race on Monday night (race is Sunday) got the email to say order was ready for dispatch, on Tuesday, unfortunately find out today that said gloves have gone AWOL from warehouse to shipping. Hence no pink fox gloves and massive brownie points for me...

slowmick

38-39"
ordered XT brakes and other bits and pieces from wiggle at 2pm on Saturday afternoon. Paid the $21 for the courier service (4 days). Arrived at my desk at 9:30am this morning.

Would have been perfect if I had ticked the right box for the bars I ordered. Wanted High Rise, didn't check the order till they arrive as low rise. idiot. will still struggle to reach over my fat gut...:tsk: